How are the cribs on the cruise?

rosarodriguez

We are bringing our 18 month old with us and I was wondering how the cribs were?? We have a deluxe ocean view room. I know the isn't a curtain to separate us from our son while we sleep. How did bed time routine work for you guys??

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

My husband and I our taking our two year old on our first cruise in 10 days(yay!!!) and since she still sleeps in her crib, I was wondering the same thing. My plan was to bring her blanket that she sleeps with, her noise machine, and a ladybug that glows. That way she has all the comforts of home and help her feel more relaxed. At least that's I hope so. If all else fails then my husband or I will rock her to sleep. I hope you enjoy your cruise.

My husband and I our taking our two year old on our first cruise in 10 days(yay!!!) and since she still sleeps in her crib, I was wondering the same thing. My plan was to bring her blanket that she sleeps with, her noise machine, and a ladybug that glows. That way she has all the comforts of home and help her feel more relaxed. At least that's I hope so. If all else fails then my husband or I will rock her to sleep. I hope you enjoy your cruise.

Great ideas... We also plan on bringing things he usually uses at night to feel more like home. Hope you guys enjoy your cruise also!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Cribs are about the size of a pack and play and are the metal kind.

If there's something that we've learned from our several cruises with babies is to leave all the unnecessary junk at home. For our first cruise we packed a bunch of items to make our little ones feel comfortable and at home (and supposedly to make our life easier). Several items at the suggestion of several Cruise Critic members.

To be perfectly honest, they didn't sleep any better or more pleasantly than when we sailed last time with nothing more than the clothes they wore during the week, an umbrella stroller, and a handful of diapers and wipes in my backpack. . In fact, the less we pack, the easier it gets traveling with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We are bringing our 18 month old with us and I was wondering

how the cribs were??

Hi Rosarodriguez :)

Here are three Carnival crib photo's posted by a Cruise Critic member

last year. I hope this helps you.

crib3_zps91ce6882.jpg

crib2_zpse39bea4b.jpg

crib1_zpsb7dcf2a6.jpg

:)

Edited by PortSideCruzan

Yes, its a small metal crib. My kids slept fine in them. DD was 10 months the first time and DS was 18 months his first time. They were so tired from the day that sleeping was easy. I did, however, bring their blankets and teddy bear from home. I think it helped.

Do they only supply a crib up to a certain age? Our daughter will be just over 2.....she's a little thing and I think she'd be fine in the crib pictured.....but do they only supply a crib for babies under a certain age? And if that was the case did I read that someone brought their own play and pack as checked luggage.....luckily we are driving to the pier so it wouldn't be a big problem to pack it.

Do you need to reserve a crib way in advance?

Thanks

Good question. I think under 3 is guaranteed a crib. We sailed last year when my son just turned 3 and he used a crib. Plenty big enough. We just told our travel agent and she made note. However, it wasn't in the room when we got there so I just told the room Stewart and he had it set up after dinner.

Our 2 year old slept in the metal crib provided without any problems in an inside room. We survived & have had 4 more cruises as a trio in an inside room.

We brought a blanket from home & a lovey. (we still do & our son is now 5)

We also brought a lot of other unnecessary stuff. Lucky for us our first stop was Canaveral in Florida - we shipped a bunch of stuff home.

He liked to play in our bed especially when he found the light switch.;)

He also loved the glass elevator once he got over his fear. I rode up & down with him countless times. He kept saying, "again."

Do they only supply a crib up to a certain age? Our daughter will be just over 2.....she's a little thing and I think she'd be fine in the crib pictured.....but do they only supply a crib for babies under a certain age? And if that was the case did I read that someone brought their own play and pack as checked luggage.....luckily we are driving to the pier so it wouldn't be a big problem to pack it.

Do you need to reserve a crib way in advance?

Thanks

Call Carnival and make the request up front. They are supplied on a first come first serve basis so it is better if they know upfront.