From 1971: Princess Patters, plus lunch & dinner menus

Spaniel Lover

:DI was on the P&O Oriana for 28 days out of Vancouver to Southampton in 1972. Those were the days of different classes. I was in a cabin with 3 other girls and washroom and shower were down the hall. Was a great trip and got me hooked on cruising.

That was a real treat to see what it was like back in the day -- even just from the 70's, so much has changed. I wonder how many passengers were aboard?

Thanks ever so much for taking time to share these wonderful glimpses into the past.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The total passengers was 420 & 12,218 Tonnage, a big difference from the "Mega" ships of today.

I searched for info on the ship & found this history of the M/V Princess Italia:

Italia. Built for Oltremara Cruises of Italy and completed in 1967. For a time in 1967 was chartered by Princess Cruises under the name Princess Italia. She was handed back to her original owners in the early 1980's and resold to Ocean Cruise Lines, being refurbished and emerging as Ocean Princess. Sold by Costa Armatori S.p.A. of Italy in 1983, to Oceanic Endeavour S.A. Panama and renamed Ocean Princess. Bought by Paquet Cruises in Mid 1990. In 1994 she was registered as Sea Prince for Sunshine Cruise Line, and then purchased by Louis Cruise Line and renamed Princesa Oceanica in 1995. In 1996 she was chartered to Thomson Cruise Line. When Thomson released her she was chartered to Paquet Cruises. She has since been taken from service and put up for sale. In April 2012 it was announced that she had been sold for breaking up.