Wacky pricing

urkidn

I recently booked a 2C cabin on an Infinity South American cruise for the spring of 2015. Friends were thinking of joining us however in the last week, the price has increased from $2549 (drumroll please……………………..) to $11495. Just wondering if anyone has noticed sudden exorbitant pricing like this before and if it ever goes down? I know the pricing is based on inventory and currently there are maybe 25 balcony cabins available. However, this seems over the top as anyone wishing to pay this high of a price would surely go with a luxury cruise line. I can't figure out the reasoning here unless it is just a number that generates from some quirky computer program?

Pricing has been 'quirky' on a lot of the sailings lately. We booked a 1A on our Nov sailing, new Capt Club perks come out, 1 cat upgrade, but you have to (drum roll) ASK FOR IT! So I call back to my Certified planner person. Oh, you booked thru 'Loyality', you have to talk to the C/Club. Transfering````````:rolleyes: oh, you should have been charged the lower cat rate, but hold on, the lower cat is at a higher price than you paid so we cant do that. 275 days out and OV's are 'sold out' and all other levels are a lot higher . Either their National advertising is working or 123 is a hugh success.

But the increase on your sailing takes the cake.

I recently booked a 2C cabin on an Infinity South American cruise for the spring of 2015. Friends were thinking of joining us however in the last week, the price has increased from $2549 (drumroll please……………………..) to $11495. Just wondering if anyone has noticed sudden exorbitant pricing like this before and if it ever goes down? I know the pricing is based on inventory and currently there are maybe 25 balcony cabins available. However, this seems over the top as anyone wishing to pay this high of a price would surely go with a luxury cruise line. I can't figure out the reasoning here unless it is just a number that generates from some quirky computer program?

We just did Around the Horn on Infinity from Buenos Aires to Valpo. I booked well over a year ahead and watched the prices go up and up and up.

The same veranda that we booked was $1200 pp more closer to the cruise.

That kind of increase is very unusual. I suggest that you call and talk to a cruise consultant at X.

I recently booked a 2C cabin on an Infinity South American cruise for the spring of 2015. Friends were thinking of joining us however in the last week, the price has increased from $2549 (drumroll please……………………..) to $11495. Just wondering if anyone has noticed sudden exorbitant pricing like this before and if it ever goes down?
That is not unusual. Sometimes it may be an error, but sometimes they deliberately put an exorbitantly high price on a category when they temporarily want to hold it and lock it out to keep people from booking it at that time, for whatever reason.

Eventually the price does come back down, or the category sells out.

That is not unusual. Sometimes it may be an error, but sometimes they deliberately put an exorbitantly high price on a category when they temporarily want to hold it and lock it out to keep people from booking it at that time, for whatever reason.

Eventually the price does come back down, or the category sells out.

Makes sense, I guess. I noticed that their cruise tours are now quite a bit lower than the cabin only prices so perhaps they are trying to make those look like a bargain, lol. It is only balcony and above that are outrageous so they could also be trying to push inside and OV.