First Time Cruise On The Allure With Baby.....Need Help

Hey Everyone,

I'm writing this for my sister who is not a CC member. She will be going on the Allure in June with her DH and Son, who will be 1 year and 6 days old. That being said......

What is there to do with/for the baby?

What are the does and don't's with/for the baby?

What will cost and what will be complimentary regarding the baby?

Can she and her husband get any alone time?

I have already sent her CC's Do's and Don't's for cruising with a baby article, along with some threads from here that other have posted about their experiences with having a baby on board.

I know she is looking for general info, but also if any of you have specifics for the Allure itself, or personal experiences I know she'll love it.

Thanks in advance!

Hey Everyone,

I'm writing this for my sister who is not a CC member. She will be going on the Allure in June with her DH and Son, who will be 1 year and 6 days old. That being said......

I have already sent her CC's Do's and Don't's for cruising with a baby article, along with some threads from here that other have posted about their experiences with having a baby on board.

I know she is looking for general info, but also if any of you have specifics for the Allure itself, or personal experiences I know she'll love it.

Thanks in advance!

You may get quite a bit of grief here about a baby on board. Our next cruise will be with our baby that will turn 1 on day 2 of the cruise.

The best thing about Allure is that she has a Nursery on board. This will allow a place for them to take the little boy on a few nights that they would like to have a nice dinner or time together. I believe that this comes at a cost of $8 and hour. They will give them a phone so that they can contact the parents at any time on the ship just in case of any questions. They will also have toys for use in the room for the little one (Free of charge). They also offer in-room baby sitting as well if they are not to sure about leaving him in the Nursery (again at a cost).

I would also have them make sure that they call RCCL and and for a pack and play (Crib) for the room. Makes packing a bit easier.

Hey Everyone,

Thanks in advance!

1. Have her sign up on Cruise Critic.

2. Give her this link to the Family Cruising Board: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49

It would be wonderful if she could take along a 'babysitter' (aka YOU!)... With that said... please don't take any suggestions that they shouldn't travel with the baby to heart. I really have no suggestions (other than the babysitter one!) except that it will all work out. I just can't imagine how many diapers she'll have to pack!! I do hope they have a very nice cruise and enjoy themselves. I have no children... so maybe that is why I'm extremely tolerant of children on board... they deserve to have a wonderful vacation. :D