Arriving in Fort Lauderdale 3 days early any suggestions

auction17

I posted this awhile back on the Disability board' date=' but didn't get a response. Is there a place where we can take my DS, who is in a wheelchair, to watch the ships leave port?[/quote']

Take E Dania Beach Blvd all the way east, turn north and go to John U Lloyd Beach State Park. Once there, drive all the way to the end, the last parking lot. There is a boardwalk that takes you to the sidewalk to the pier.

We did this in November after disembarking the Eurodam, and watched her sail back out on her next cruise.

If we lived in the area, we would do it every weekend.

Take E Dania Beach Blvd all the way east, turn north and go to John U Lloyd Beach State Park. Once there, drive all the way to the end, the last parking lot. There is a boardwalk that takes you to the sidewalk to the pier.

We did this in November after disembarking the Eurodam, and watched her sail back out on her next cruise.

An addendum to that would be the John U Lloyd Park closes at sunset, so it would depend on what month of the year whether you would have enough daylight. The questionable months would probably be December-February.

Edited by walty

Thank you so much for the information. :)

An addendum to that would be the John U Lloyd Park closes at sunset, so it would depend on what month of the year whether you would have enough daylight. The questionable months would probably be December-February.

Thanks, that's helpful. Sunset is at 5:47 when we are there, so we should be able to watch a few of the ships leave.

Thanks' date=' that's helpful. Sunset is at 5:47 when we are there, so we should be able to watch a few of the ships leave.[/quote']

We were in the shipping lanes at port Saturday around 5:30 and there were still six ships in port because of all the tanker traffic. At one point, we just jumped to the other side of the channel marker, tossed the anchor, and waited for the tanker traffic to finish. I don't think they started heading out until the sun had already set.

I would have a backup plan.

Gilbert's by the Embassy Suites on 17th St. Great hamburger & best key lime pie ever (very reasonable prices). Same parking lot as Publix & Total Wines. Islamorada Fish House by Bass Pro Shops is excellent. Definitely water taxi have fun

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk