3 nights return from Port Canaveral Question re Disembarkation

We are cruising for 3 night with RCCL to the Bahamas and we are wondering what to expect for the disembarkation process. We have an 8am car service booked with an 11:15am flight. Not checking any bags (small carry on only). Does anyone know if we will have to wait in lines to clear customs in Port Canaveral upon disembarking? Assuming we can just walk off with our small carry on bags, do you know how long it might take to disembark?

We are cruising for 3 night with RCCL to the Bahamas and we are wondering what to expect for the disembarkation process. We have an 8am car service booked with an 11:15am flight. Not checking any bags (small carry on only). Does anyone know if we will have to wait in lines to clear customs in Port Canaveral upon disembarking? Assuming we can just walk off with our small carry on bags, do you know how long it might take to disembark?

Yes you will have to clear customs when you disembark, but with no luggage self disembark will be a breeze.

At Port Canaveral we have never had a long wait going through Customs or getting off the ship carrying our bags. With that said... things can happen. You should make your 8 am car service... if all goes smoothly. Good luck... I'm not brave enough after any cruise to book a flight before noon... especially with a fairly long drive to the airport. But.. hopefully it will all go smoothly. You didn't say when you were sailing... but one thing we don't worry about in Florida is snow or ice on the roads.

looking at my cruise compass stuff from my last cruise, self-assist was from 7:30 - 8:15 am. They may start earlier if the gangway is ready earlier. On my last cruise on EN, they announced self-assist could commence at 7:20. I was off and through Customs and Immigration and wistfully standing on the curb by 7:50 am.

Thank you all so very much! I didn't realize how close we were cutting it until after we booked the flights. It was either 11:15 or 6pm and I wasn't thinking about lines at the airport for security - that's going to be another concern. But at least I can do my best to be out waiting for the car service on time assuming all goes as usual :) One never knows!

As a side note, does anyone know if there is a first class line for airport security at Orlando Airport (MCO)? I have read that there isn't one, which no makes me a little worked as I'm a little concerned about waiting in line for over an hour to get to the gate. Thankfully we won't have to go to the check in counter as we have carry on's but still, I like to be prepared for any possible delays. Thanks again for all this useful info!! We embark Friday the 14th! Can't wait :)

You didn't say when you were sailing... but one thing we don't worry about in Florida is snow or ice on the roads.

On the 2nd before we disembarked, it was so incredibly foggy we could barely see the Dream from our Freedom balcony. After we left the ship and our driver got there, he said it took something like 1.5 hours to get to PC from Orlando because of the intense fog on 528. He said he had to stop a few times. That he had never seen such a problem before.

Hopefully that won't be the OP's experience! We were nervous enough with a 12:14 flight.

Thank you all so very much! I didn't realize how close we were cutting it until after we booked the flights. It was either 11:15 or 6pm and I wasn't thinking about lines at the airport for security - that's going to be another concern. But at least I can do my best to be out waiting for the car service on time assuming all goes as usual :) One never knows!

As a side note, does anyone know if there is a first class line for airport security at Orlando Airport (MCO)? I have read that there isn't one, which no makes me a little worked as I'm a little concerned about waiting in line for over an hour to get to the gate. Thankfully we won't have to go to the check in counter as we have carry on's but still, I like to be prepared for any possible delays. Thanks again for all this useful info!! We embark Friday the 14th! Can't wait :)

Well, they have TSA precheck lines and they have airline status lines. Does booking first class get you Premium status? MIght be worth checking with your airline.

looking at my cruise compass stuff from my last cruise, self-assist was from 7:30 - 8:15 am. They may start earlier if the gangway is ready earlier. On my last cruise on EN, they announced self-assist could commence at 7:20. I was off and through Customs and Immigration and wistfully standing on the curb by 7:50 am.

We were on 3 weeks ago and they made the announcement right at 8am for self disembarkation . We had #5 luggage tags and were called by 8:20 to leave and were waiting at the bus by 9. I would guess there won't be a problem, their car might have to wait a few minutes, but even if they didn't get thru by 8:30 they should be at MCO by 9:30.

Thanks so much! When I called the Airline they said that I needed to check with MCO TSA. I just received an email back from MCO stating:

"Yes, we do have priority lanes for select passengers from Virgin America, Virgin Atlantic, Southwest, Lufthansa, Frontier, AirTran, Copa, British Airways, Delta, Air Canada, American Airlines, Alaska, JetBlue, United and US Airways.

Which passengers are eligible to use the priority lanes varies from one airline to another, so please check directly with your airline. "