Driver at tender drop off in Cabo

Travel Bear

We will be 4 adults planning a day at Chilean Beach and would like to hire our own transportation to the beach with a stop for snacks and beer. Does anymore have a recommendation? Thanks.

You will be able to get cabs at the pier, but be sure to negotiate price and get him to come back to pick you up at designated time and don't pay till pick up or at least don't pay him full return fare in advance.

Thanks, I was thinking I may be better off hiring a private car/driver that would stay with us for the day to avoid worrying about the driver returning. Your thoughts?

Sorry, I am on the wrong country/port of call thread with original response. However, we are doing a private tour with Benjy Tours. He does not have a web site but I do have his email address.

Edited by Nanatravel

We've been to Chileno Beach several times, and it is a lovely beach, but it will cost you $20-25 cab fare, each way. As for catching a cab back...that can be "iffy"....

You can certainly hire a driver, but in our experience, you will be looking at $50 per hour for driver and van.

You might consider a snorkel tour with someone like Cabo Escape (there are others, and most all are good, but we have used Cabo Escape 3 times, and have a great time.) Nice, double decker boat, open bar, more than "decent" meal, and you get to snorkel at Chileno Beach.

Check into the Cabo Passport Card, and up to 6 of you can get the ride for half price.

Hopefully, others here might chime in.

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry, I am on the wrong country/port of call thread with original response. However, we are doing a private tour with Benjy Tours. He does not have a web site but I do have his email address.

If Benjy Tours is in Cabo than yes I would like his email address. I think you can post it if someone requests it but if not I can give you an email to send it to. Thanks.

Does anyone know are the taxi fares per person or per cab? Thanks.

It's per cab for the longer hauls.

There are mello bars/restaurants on Medano Beach if you're trying to escape the party crowd, otherwise, I think Downsized has the right advise.

Edited by CWcruisers