For Families: Carnival Freedom OR Carnival Breeze??

wwforever11

We recently cruised on the Disney Dream in December 2013. LOVED it. Have been on Carnival several years ago, and we would love to cruise again this next winter (Jan 2015) but are on a limited budget and can't do Disney again (this time). Sooooo.....am trying to decide between the Freedom and the Breeze. I see that the Breeze is a pretty new ship, but large. Sometimes that isn't the greatest thing, means more people. Wondering what others think about travelling on a budget with 2 kids, age 10 and 13???:confused:

I have not been on the Freedom, however, we did sail on the Breeze last April.

There are SO many more amenities on the Breeze, that your kids would love.

The Ropes Course, WaterWorks, Thrill Theater, HUGE arcade, etc.

We were a little concerned about the size too, but let me tell you....it is the BEST ship in the fleet. Beautiful ship. You will NOT be disappointed.

Keep us updated as to what you decide.

Good Luck!:D

The problem you will have sailing the Breeze is that once you do, you'll MISS all the stuff she has when you sail other ships!!! ;)

One benefit of the Breeze is the slightly larger 'family' cabins on deck 1 and 2..if you are sailing on a budget, this is something to consider.

Having done both breeze , freedom and a Disney cruise, Our girls loved the Breeze the most ! There is so much for them to do, and for you as well! Price wise definatly cheaper than Disney !! The new ship , decor is gorgeous , hell we loved it so much hubby and I are doing it again this April! I say try the Breeze! I think you and the family will love it1

Thank you everyone for your opinions! Well, the Breeze it is! However, did anyone ever feel that there were too many kids to even experience the fun things that this ship has to offer? Too long of lines, etc?

The Breeze has so many more and larger kids area's that nothing seems too crowded, just more space to spread out in.

The Freedom is a great ship but noticeably smaller, therefore the kids are more evident also.