Getaway - What's up with Illusionarium?

BreeYark

I'm on the Getaway February 22 sailing (Yay!), and I have already made all my dinner/entertainment reservations, including Illusionarium on Sunday night, for 39$.

The problem is that as of today, Illusionarium has disappeared (Ta-da!) in the available Entertainements, and it does not appear in my reserved activities for Sunday night in "My Vacation Summary". It still shows on my edocs though.

Has this happened to other cruisers too? Anybody heard anything about the Illusionarium show being cancelled or otherwise modified?

I know it's a show about magic, and things disappearing, but that would the first time a magician makes his own show magicaly disappear like that :)

I'm on the Getaway February 22 sailing (Yay!), and I have already made all my dinner/entertainment reservations, including Illusionarium on Sunday night, for 39$.

The problem is that as of today, Illusionarium has disappeared (Ta-da!) in the available Entertainements, and it does not appear in my reserved activities for Sunday night in "My Vacation Summary". It still shows on my edocs though.

Has this happened to other cruisers too? Anybody heard anything about the Illusionarium show being cancelled or otherwise modified?

I know it's a show about magic, and things disappearing, but that would the first time a magician makes his own show magicaly disappear like that :)

Yes, I just checked my vacation summary and it disappeared as well, but I am showing it under Payment still. Hope its just a glitch. Lets stay tuned.

When I checked my entertainment booking in the Vacation Planner it was missing as well. The Illusionarium was still listed in the payment area. It was also reassuring that when I clicked the Print Booked Items button it was listed there.

If it is on your eDocs, you should be in good shape, but I don't know for sure. I don't have personal experience, but there is another thread on this subject with Imaginarium in the thread title. His was for a 3/1 sailing I think, yours being Feb 22nd is no surprise it has filled up with pre booking. They only pre-book a certain percentage of available seats (I seem to remember only 10%) for pre-cruise booking. When that has been filled up, it disappears from available dining or entertainment options in the Explore & Plan section of MyNCL. But not to worry, you can still book onboard.

I was on the Breakaway, and prebooked the comparable Cirque Dreams dinner show for the first night of our cruise. We paid the $39 per passenger fee upfront.

When we boarded, we learned that they were offering on board, a 25% discount for that show on the first night only.

We asked about those of us who prepaid, and were told we would receive a $10 per person OBC. We did receive it.

I don't know if that will happen on the Getaway also, as well as subsequent cruises on the Breakaway, but it is something to consider when booking that show....:)

We were on the second sailing of the Breakaway out of NYC. About a week or two before sailing, we had the same problem with Cirque reservations. It turned out they had moved the entertainment schedule around. I found out prior to sailing and others didnt find out until after boarding. Our change wasn't too bad, our time changed on the same night and we didn't have anything conflicting planned. Give a call to the number listed on the website and see if something similar has happened.

Robin

We were on the second sailing of the Breakaway out of NYC. About a week or two before sailing, we had the same problem with Cirque reservations. It turned out they had moved the entertainment schedule around. I found out prior to sailing and others didnt find out until after boarding. Our change wasn't too bad, our time changed on the same night and we didn't have anything conflicting planned. Give a call to the number listed on the website and see if something similar has happened.

Robin

I believe you got it right. I just got an email from NCL saying :

"Our records indicate that you have made reservations for ILLUSIONARIUM show on Sunday, February 23, 2014 at 5:45 pm.

We have made scheduling changes and would like to inform you that this show will now start at 5:30 pm."

The show has still not reappeared in available entertainment, but this is probably the reason why it does not show. No big deal for me, and I am reassured :)

I believe you got it right. I just got an email from NCL saying :

"Our records indicate that you have made reservations for ILLUSIONARIUM show on Sunday, February 23, 2014 at 5:45 pm.

We have made scheduling changes and would like to inform you that this show will now start at 5:30 pm."

The show has still not reappeared in available entertainment, but this is probably the reason why it does not show. No big deal for me, and I am reassured :)

Yes, they are changing the show times. I just got an email that my 9pm show is now 8:45pm. Same day. No problem. I am sure with being a new boat, they are just fine tuning the show times.

Going on getaway in May...Can anyone share with us what the show time options look like so we can have a little preview of what our choices might will look like? Also, regarding Illusionarium, Is there only one price point of $39 available? I thought in reviews of the Cirque on Breakaway they offered a $39 and a $25 seating option.

Thanks and hope you enjoy your voyage!!!