Help with air itinerary US to Asia

M5M

Hey instead of flying from Tokyo to Osaka why not do the bullet train? Not that expensive I've been told and you get to look at Mt. Fuji on the way. This is something DH really wants to do so that is another experience plus added.

Great idea--but for us (with a month's worth of luggage) the flight makes more sense. However, we ARE looking forward to the bullet train for several different day-excursions that we have planned, including to Mount Fuji and to Hiroshima.

We will be gone just over a month also and I will be looking for "Chinese Laundry". We always take one suitcase each and limit it to 40 pounds since any heavier and my back is miserable:( Traveling from Baltimore in Feb/March and going to lovely hot places then back to cold have to take coats and swimsuits and everything in between.

We will be gone just over a month also and I will be looking for "Chinese Laundry". We always take one suitcase each and limit it to 40 pounds since any heavier and my back is miserable:( Traveling from Baltimore in Feb/March and going to lovely hot places then back to cold have to take coats and swimsuits and everything in between.

Our 17-day trip we took last month (13-day cruise Hong Kong to Shanghai) is the longest we've ever taken and it was a challenge packing that many clothes in a 50 lb limit suitcase. So for the first time we did a little laundry ourselves in our ship cabin. Worked out very well. I think we'll do that more in the future on cruises longer than 10 days.

Just fill a small travel bottle of Woolite (or some equivalent detergent for hand-washing). Fill the sink and wash one item at a time, then rinse each one good in the shower. Squeeze the water out as tightly as you can. Then here's the key... lay out your shower towel (ask the room attendant for a few extras that day if necessary) flat on the bed and lay the shirt flat on top. Then carefully roll the towel/shirt combo up on itself into a fairly tight roll. Then kinda press down on the roll with your fist all along it to squeeze even more water out. when it's rolled up against the towel like that, it keeps most of the wrinkles out (you'll get a little but not much).

Let it sit for maybe 15 minutes. That will suck 80% of the water out of the shirt. Unroll it and hang it up and it should be totally dry by the next day (if it's a thin material).

Thin casual shirts do quite well (like t-shirts and polo shirts). Underwear does even better since no one care if they wrinkle up anyway. We haven't tried socks or pants since they're heavier. But just being able to pack 5 or 6 less shirts and underwear really helps the packing situation.