Upgrade Policy

flucocruiser

When I booked my cruise it said i am eligible for a free cabin upgrade. Now with my fingers crossed hoping no one will get a grand suite, how does the upgrade policy work is by lottery for first come first serve.

Thinking you might have gotten your upgrade at time of booking.

When I booked my cruise it said i am eligible for a free cabin upgrade. Now with my fingers crossed hoping no one will get a grand suite, how does the upgrade policy work is by lottery for first come first serve.

When I booked, the verbiage on the page was that "upgrades were included in price". I sort of laughed because I was already booking the lowest-grade balcony... I'm not sure how the upgrades factored in at all. The price was decent, though, so perhaps that was the upgrade.

So yep, I think the upgrade was already factored in, it sort of felt like maybe they sold me a balcony at a deluxe oceanview price or something. There's always the chance you could get upgraded, though. The upgrade fairy works in mysterious ways. I got a balcony on the first cruise when I only booked oceanview guarantee.

Upgrades are typically included at the time you book, and are a marketing tool Carnival uses to sell cruises. Carnival upgrades are for same category type, such as inside to inside, oceanview to oceanview, and balcony to balcony. That means you usually get an identical cabin in a different location on the ship.

The exception to that is if the "upsell" fairy calls you from Carnival prior to your sail date and offers you a higher category for a price. Sometimes those are pretty good deals and sometimes they are not.

I wouldn't get too excited. I've sailed Carnival over 20 times and have never received an unexpected upgrade.

I wouldn't get too excited. I've sailed Carnival over 20 times and have never received an unexpected upgrade.

^^^ Unfortunately this is right. I hope you didn't have your hopes up too high. Your "upgrade" would've happened at the time of booking...

You were given the upgrade at the time of booking. You won't get upgraded to the grand suite.