SCUBA Diving @ Money Bar

luvbigdogs

Has anyone done this? I was looking for a spot to go diving while my wife can snorkel (she doesn't dive). Anyone know of other places that we could accommodate both of our interests? In past Cozumel visits, I have gone downtown to a local dive shop, and my wife waits for me on the ship until I get back. Thought this way we could both be having fun at the same time. Thanks!

Been there and it really isn't much in the way of a place to me compared to the other beach resorts. Just some sand in the sun and a bar with tables that are next to it covered. A pier with a "dive boat" and the rock entrance right next to it to go in and snorkel around.

The best suggestion for what you are looking for to me is Chankanaab Park. Awesome snorkeling from the beach and dive huts along the beach where you can get a dive in and the dive is great to me. About 30 feet and goes through a short cave and about 50 minutes. Shore dive. Lots and lots of wildlife. I'd pay to get in and then pay separately for each thing you want to do at the huts on the beach.

I would agree with mekamax that Chank would be your best one stop does it all bet. Lots for your DW to do while you're out diving.

If you want to go off shore or further south, Eagle Ray Divers would be the way to go. You wife could hang out at El Presidente Hotel which is right next to the Caleta Marina. I think there's an entrance fee for use of their facilities. Or at the Money Bar just a short distance south. Or ask Antonio at Eagle Ray where she might best hang out. They might be able to drop you off there.