Any tips? Unable to get into reservation

LissyTx

Ever since I called Royal to add my DD to our reservation, I have not been able to get back into the reservation. I've called Royal 3x and then per the 3rd rep I spoke to, emailed Crown & Anchor several days ago. Any ideas on how to fix - I thought before when this happened I called RC and they fixed it, but none of the reps now seem to understand or know how to fix. Also, any ideas on how long C&A usually takes to reply?

Thanks!

Melissa

Ever since I called Royal to add my DD to our reservation, I have not been able to get back into the reservation. I've called Royal 3x and then per the 3rd rep I spoke to, emailed Crown & Anchor several days ago. Any ideas on how to fix - I thought before when this happened I called RC and they fixed it, but none of the reps now seem to understand or know how to fix. Also, any ideas on how long C&A usually takes to reply?

Thanks!

Melissa

You may need to have them escalate it to a supervisor or to their IT department.

They are VERY slow at fixing these issues sometimes.

Thanks!

Melissa

I'm going through a similar issue... First call I was told I had to email them. I have waited a week with no answer, so I tried emailing again. Good luck!! If you have any luck, let ME know what the trick is!!

Turn around on C&A email will take over a week. Most likely one of the names doesn't exactly match the C&A number. Not saying you have the wrong number, just any slight difference will cause the number to mismatch and will lock you out of the res. Try logging out of your account and using the before you board area of the website.

Hope this post isn't too technical, but here goes:

Sometimes your internet service provider's (ISP) domain name server (DNS) is slow or just simply overloaded, and the requests for some websites time out. It might also be that the website has recently changed its IP address, and the ISP hasn't bothered yet to update his DNS. For about a week I was having the same problem as described in the previous posts in this thread, until I did the following:

I, being the administrator of my own wifi network, changed the DNS address in my router from the existing one to OpenDNS (208.67.222.222), which is a public DNS server that can be used worldwide. And from then onwards, every attempt at gaining access to my reservation has been successful.

If you cannot change the DNS address in the router (perhaps you are in an airport or in a hotel) then you can instead change the address in your device (for example laptop or iPad). The only system where this might be difficult is Android, but it works with Windows, MacOS and iOS. For detailed info on how to do this, Google the words "DNS setting" along with the name of your operating system, for example "DNS setting Windows 7".

Hope this helps!

I am having the same problem for some weeks now. It does not appear to be the internet site. I get an error message of being 'unable to retrieve your booking at this time' kind of message. RCI has responded to my email saying they are working on the difficulty. They suggested I used other features on their site - all of which require access to my booking which I still don't have. I have not been able to check in yet. I will keep on trying but it's very frustrating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am having the same problem for some weeks now. It does not appear to be the internet site. I get an error message of being 'unable to retrieve your booking at this time' kind of message. RCI has responded to my email saying they are working on the difficulty. They suggested I used other features on their site - all of which require access to my booking which I still don't have. I have not been able to check in yet. I will keep on trying but it's very frustrating.

Did you book through a TA? If so, did you receive a booking number generated by RCI or your TA? Make sure that you are not in a group booking because that booking number will not work when trying to check in on the RCI website.

I booked through a TA. I have a booking number generated by RCI. I even know the cabin number. It's a booking with my friend and myself.

When i 'login' on the RCI site it does not show the booking. So I open the link of 'booking not shown'. I then enter my last name and booking reference, date of cruise and ship. I then get a red error message along the lines of unable to access your booking.

I have emailed RCI who have replied to say that there is problem and their IT is on it. They Suggested I go to pre cruise link or the cruise countdown link. Both need to able to link to your booking to operate. So that was a useless suggestion :).

I am trying everyday to get into my booking on line. As I said I will keep on trying :)

No response to email, but after 36 minutes on the phone just now, here is what they said:

They are in the midst of a major overhaul to My Cruises which has been going on for the past 2 weeks. They did not have a completion ETA yet. As a result, some cruises that were reserved "a long time ago" fall into a window where not everything is compatible and the Reservation Link from My Cruises is not expected to work. Their suggestion is from the RC Homepage to click on Before you Board and then Countdown to Cruise. They said I should be able to make all show and dining reservations through this method. However, the tab that shows how much you've paid and how much is left is missing and they do not expect it to return in the near future - if you need that information you have to call RC to ask them to email you an invoice and they can take your payment over the phone.

Not the greatest solution and I'm sure their call volume will go up - and its annoying to have to call them if I want to make a payment, but at least I have a reasonable answer - and someone who acknowledged the issue versus acting like everything is working. :rolleyes:

Now to figure out how much planning or not planning I want to do for my Oasis cruise. :)

No response to email, but after 36 minutes on the phone just now, here is what they said:

They are in the midst of a major overhaul to My Cruises which has been going on for the past 2 weeks. They did not have a completion ETA yet. As a result, some cruises that were reserved "a long time ago" fall into a window where not everything is compatible and the Reservation Link from My Cruises is not expected to work. Their suggestion is from the RC Homepage to click on Before you Board and then Countdown to Cruise. They said I should be able to make all show and dining reservations through this method. However, the tab that shows how much you've paid and how much is left is missing and they do not expect it to return in the near future - if you need that information you have to call RC to ask them to email you an invoice and they can take your payment over the phone.

Not the greatest solution and I'm sure their call volume will go up - and its annoying to have to call them if I want to make a payment, but at least I have a reasonable answer - and someone who acknowledged the issue versus acting like everything is working. :rolleyes:

Now to figure out how much planning or not planning I want to do for my Oasis cruise. :)

Hanks for that. But if you try to book on before you board or start your countdown it asks for your booking number and cruise to make the purchase. And when I enter in the details I get the same error message. That's the frustrating thing I cannot book anything. :(.

And I have paid for the cruise. At least with the TA around 3 weeks ago.

So if we cannot get through on line should I call at some time to check in?

I have tried several times. When I type in all the details I just get the red error message saying unable to access your booking. So I cannot even count down let alone book packages or excursions. :)

I have tried several times. When I type in all the details I just get the red error message saying unable to access your booking. So I cannot even count down let alone book packages or excursions. :)

Yep I can't get in either. Must be Saturday Night Maintenance.

Last week when I unsuccessfully tried to access my reservation through the RCI Nordic web portal, I was getting the same message in red letters as others have been getting, plus a message (in Swedish) suggesting to try later and in the worst case check in manually at the pier. However, there are several drawbacks when checking in at the pier: 1. In all likelihood a sizeable number of people have failed to check in online due to these difficulties, and embarkation will slow down to a trickle. 2. Reservations for MTD, specialty restaurants, excursions, beverage packages, etc. will have to be done onboard and who knows, maybe some options will then be sold out. 3. Attendance at M&M won't be possible, since registration has to be done several days before embarkation. And since I wanted to attend M&M, I decided to solve the problem as per my previous post. Just a thought: I have a hunch that at least part of the problem is the RCI reservation server is timing out. Perhaps trying to access it very late at night or very early in the morning EST might improve your chances of a succesful connection.

Try this......it's worked for me several times ! DONT sign in, and click on"Before you Board" once that box drops down, click in "Countdown to Cruise" . Fill out the info with your cruise number and sail dates, and that should get you into your reservation. I had the same problem just prior to our cruise and this got me in every time . I now get everything printed out as soon as I am able so I don't have to worry if this happens again ! Good luck !

:)

Thank you for posting this. I still can't link my reservations, but this did get me in the system to get my show reservations. It's a start!!!