QM2 Brisbane

SailingCableBeach

We will be on board the QM 2 soon and stopping in Brisbane for a day. I understand the ship docks at the Grain Terminal which is a fair way from the CBD with no public transport.

Will there be a shuttle service? And the likely cost?

Many thanks for any help.

I watched her depart Fremantle a few days ago and she's certainly a grand ship!

We will be on board the QM 2 soon and stopping in Brisbane for a day. I understand the ship docks at the Grain Terminal which is a fair way from the CBD with no public transport.

Will there be a shuttle service? And the likely cost?

Many thanks for any help.

I watched her depart Fremantle a few days ago and she's certainly a grand ship!

Hi SailingCableBeach. I've never been to Australia, so please forgive my ignorance of the ports, but here is a quote about where QM2 will be docking in Brisbane:

"...The largest ship to ever visit Australia is too big to dock at Hamilton’s Portside Wharf.

Passengers will have to arrive and depart from a makeshift facility near Luggage Point at the mouth of the river..." http://www.news.com.au/national/queensland/passengers-on-luxury-cruise-ship-queen-mary-ii-to-dock-at-luggage-point-industrial-area/story-fnii5v6w-1226828246168

Is that what's know as the Grain Terminal?

Best wishes,

Salacia

Hi,

I was on QM2's maiden visit to Brisbane in 2012 where we berthed at the Grain Terminal. On that voyage there certainly was a complimentary shuttle bus service into the city offered by Cunard for passengers. So I would imagine that they will do this again.

Sent from my GT-I9210T using Forums mobile app

There'll be a shuttle service to the CBD but not sure if there's a cost. I think thats up to each city. I believe in Adelaide that a free service to the CBD is provided to ensure that people come into the city and spend. On March 10 QM2 arrives into Adelaide and it's a public holiday but we have Mad March and the city will be buzzing with all sorts of entertainments.

According to ask.cunard.com, there is a shuttle bus in Brisbane, they precise that the "round trip" takes 1 hour! Cunard and P&O have a new shuttle policy : free if you paid full fare for your cruise, 4 or 8 dollars if you got promotional fare! What a shame for a supposed luxury line! If you want to verify, you can browse ask.cunard.com and type "shuttle" in the searching area, then, follow the different red links appearing in the text. Sorry, I'm on a mobile site, not very skilled, and don't know how to give you the direct link!

Envoyé de mon iPad à l'aide de Forums

According to ask.cunard.com, there is a shuttle bus in Brisbane, they precise that the "round trip" takes 1 hour! Cunard and P&O have a new shuttle policy : free if you paid full fare for your cruise, 4 or 8 dollars if you got promotional fare! What a shame for a supposed luxury line! If you want to verify, you can browse ask.cunard.com and type "shuttle" in the searching area, then, follow the different red links appearing in the text. Sorry, I'm on a mobile site, not very skilled, and don't know how to give you the direct link!

Does this really apply to local shuttle services provided by tho local chambers of commerce or other authorities? I doubt this and I can't see this beeing organized.

Look at ask.cunard.com "do you offer shuttle services at port of calls", cunard and P&O explain their new policy about paying shuttles (from march 2014). I suppose if port authority provides shuttles, they remain, of course, free of charge (I hope!); but it's not clearly said on this official cunard website, they just say that, if in any port a shuttle is absolutely needed for safety or health reasons, it will be free of charge for all the passengers.

QM2 will berth at Fisherman's Wharf (Grain Terminal) not the Portside Wharf because of its size. This also applies to the other Cunard ships. There will be free shuttles to the city provided by Cunard. It is about 1/2 hour dependant on traffic.