Carnival Spirit/ Mare questions

bobhsv

Reading that there is a charge for the bus to beach area in Mare. Is this cost, which I think is approx $19pp, include children as well? Grandkiddies will be just 18mths and 2yrs.

Any advice on things to do cheaply at this port, especially for young children and us two 'oldies'.:)

Edited by bobhsv

Reading that there is a charge for the bus to beach area in Mare. Is this cost, which I think is approx $19pp, include children as well? Grandkiddies will be just 18mths and 2yrs.

Any advice on things to do cheaply at this port, especially for young children and us two 'oldies'.:)

Ā 

I am interested in knowing the answer to this too. Our daughter will be 16 months in March when we travel to Mare on the Carnival Spirit.

Ā 

Also, do we need book the trip to Yejele beach through Carnival or are their private operators at Mare through whom we can make the booking?

Ā 

I don't think they would make you pay additional for the children, but I am really not sure. When I went I didn't bother lining up for the bus, we had a little wander around and a swim in the beautiful rock pool right next to where the tender drops you off. It was lovely. The locals are very friendly, and had a little market there while we were there. I assume they always do this when a ship is in.

Ā 

There is a beach you can get to for free if you walk up the hill to the left and it's lovely, however not for yourself and Grandchildren, you need to climb down to get to it. You will be able to see this beach from the ship and also as you tender in.

Ā 

Mare is a lovely spot.

We went with our son who had just turned 2 a few months earlier and no they didn't charge for him but he had to sit on our lap. No fee = no seat. No big deal, it's not a long bus ride, maybe 15 mins but it is definitely worth it!! The beach is amazingly beautiful with the bluest clearest water I've ever seen! Just been with guest services when you get on, tell them the kids are infants.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Will keep an eye out here as we also have our grandkids 2 ,6 and 8 and our first port is mare.

Could someone post what they thought and if it was easy with kids and maybe some pics we can drool over as we are not going until Jan next year, but want to get some info for my daughter as this is her and the kids first cruise.

Cheers sue.

There isn't much where the ship drops you. A school, few vendors although may be more as time goes on. There is a stall where you can get your passport stamped for a fee if you like that.

Ā 

The beach they take you to is stunning I loved it. No big waves for the littlies.

I was there December 2012 and I got stung by a bluebottle. Lucky for me I saw it wrap around my arm and was able to fling it off quickly. I went ashore to the first aid can there. Was ok, just a mild burn like mark.

Ā 

They need to open up more new places like this.