Live Blogging - Serenade of the Seas Feb 22nd, 2014

Looking forward to this live blog. Thanks for doing this. We will be on the other route end of March, family trip and we had been downsizing on ships, but I think for the better !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I liked the other itinerary and I am sure this one will be fun also. I have never not had fun on a ship :) I like the smaller ships as well but I think I prefer the Royal Promenade layout the best of all I have been on but I have never been displeased with a ship of RCI.

We were just on the Serenade for the 02/08/2014 cruise with the same itinerary. It was one of our better cruises. We look forward to your blog! We even booked a B2B for New Year 2015 while aboard.:):)

We were just on the Serenade for the 02/08/2014 cruise with the same itinerary. It was one of our better cruises. We look forward to your blog! We even booked a B2B for New Year 2015 while aboard.:):)

Just looked through your pics, did they do the Thriller Dance on board? My wife did this last year on the Mariner and she had a blast doing it. I know she would do it again.

Just looked through your pics, did they do the Thriller Dance on board? My wife did this last year on the Mariner and she had a blast doing it. I know she would do it again.

Yes they did! Two of our tablemates were in it.

The last photo is of them at our table after their performance.

We also were on the 2/8 cruise. We loved the ship, the food was great, and we liked CD John Blair a lot. The times in port were on the short side. Well, technically Nassau was long but not many daylight hours. Everything else was great!

Hello everyone. After watching many people do this I have decided i would give it a go. We are sailing out of New Orleans on the 22nd and I will start the live blogging on 21st as we venture to New Orleans. We are flying in a day early and hope to take in the site of NOLA before be board.

A little about us, this will be our 6th cruise on RCI and the first on the Serenade or Radiance class of ship. We have been on the Voyager, Vision, and Sovereign class ships. This is our 5th cruise in Caribbean and we are on the Key West, Nassau, Coco Cay itinerary. We have been to Nassau and Coco Cay before but never Key West. This cruise has become our yearly family vacation, Wife and I, my sister and her husband, my parents.

My goals are the following:

• Post about the ship, activities, etc.
  • Post the Cruise Compass Daily
  • Post the menu where we eat and of course pics of the food
  • Answer any questions you might have
  • Try not to suck at this

That should do it, I hope I can live up to some of the standards others have set. Hopefully you will have as much fun reading the blog as I do posting about the trip. We usually have a great time on the ships. I just looked and saw John Blair will be our CD and we did not care for him when we sailed on the Enchantment but I am hopeful he just had a bad cruise last year when we were on board.

Thats it for now, t-minus 4 days until we leave!

Does it have the Big Coke Machines with all the flavors?

We are on our way, first flight is on time and we are in the air.

20140221_180917000_iOS.jpg?psid=1]

Our flight is good. It is filled with the glorious sound of two kids crying, each competing to see who can set the record on the decibel meter their parents brought with them. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by happytulips

We are on our way, first flight is on time and we are in the air.

20140221_180917000_iOS.jpg?psid=1]

Our flight is good. It is filled with the glorious sound of two kids crying, each competing to see who can set the record on the decibel meter their parents brought with them. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Noise canceling headphones for the win. Unfortunately I forgot them on my last trip. They would have come in *so* handy for the loudmouth convention-goers behind me.