Meet and Mingle Get-Together

On our cruise in July 2013 we participated in a Meet and Mingle event. The Meet and Mingle event was put on by the ship, and it was nice to meet some of the people who were involved in our Roll Call thread; it was nice to meet them face to face and have some additional people to know while on the ship. Nothing very formal was arranged except a "Cabin Crawl" for one of the 'at sea' days'....all in all, it was nice.

What were some of your experiences?

Beside the ship sponsored Meet and Mingle this is some of the things we have experienced:

For those arriving a day or two early we have met the night before the cruise for dinner and drinks. New Orleans is a great place for this to happen.

We have the usual cabin crawls. And poker runs and slot pulls.

Participated in a Mardi Gras parade complete with costumes, beads, other throws (plastic bracelets, cups, etc.) and a MG King and Queen. We had two parades. One during the first sea day and the second one we lead the Captain's parade at 11 PM on another night. Of course we need permission from the Captain first. And since this was a rare occasion I don't see this happening again.

This is me with some of the stuff I was getting to throw at the parade..

Jester_Rose-2.jpg

And my very shy sister getting into the mood

Emily_and_with_her_loot.jpg

Beside the ship sponsored Meet and Mingle this is some of the things we have experienced:

For those arriving a day or two early we have met the night before the cruise for dinner and drinks. New Orleans is a great place for this to happen.

We have the usual cabin crawls. And poker runs and slot pulls.

Participated in a Mardi Gras parade complete with costumes, beads, other throws (plastic bracelets, cups, etc.) and a MG King and Queen. We had two parades. One during the first sea day and the second one we lead the Captain's parade at 11 PM on another night. Of course we need permission from the Captain first. And since this was a rare occasion I don't see this happening again.

That was very nice to be able to coordinate a 'pre cruise' get together for those in town prior to sailing.

On our cruise in July 2013 we participated in a Meet and Mingle event. The Meet and Mingle event was put on by the ship, and it was nice to meet some of the people who were involved in our Roll Call thread; it was nice to meet them face to face and have some additional people to know while on the ship. Nothing very formal was arranged except a "Cabin Crawl" for one of the 'at sea' days'....all in all, it was nice.

What were some of your experiences?

Did you exchange tel# with some of the people you liked?

Did you exchange tel# with some of the people you liked?

We have kept in touch mostly via email, although we did exchange contact information.

It was more to have additional people to know on the ship and perhaps plan future cruises with since so many were from other locations.