Wallingant off the shop

Frenchymp

You didn't say what ship you will be on. There are 3 different ports for ships to anchor at in Cozumel.

If you are on Carnival, you will most likely be at Puerto Mayo's port, and you could walk through the port, turn to your left, and there are some beaches (El Cid is one I've heard of you can go to), or you can walk a little further, and there are places along the way you could get down to the water, but not really any places w/chairs, etc.

If you dock at International pier, it is basically the same place as Puerto Mayo's port.

The other port is nearer to the city, Punta Langosta, and there aren't any beaches really close to there.

The best bet, would be to look over the forums on this page, and there are MANY, MANY beach suggestions - Paradise, Chankanaab, Sanchos, Nachi Cocum, etc., that would require a short cab ride, and you would have a much better "beach" experience. Cozumel is a very small island, and any beach you go to will be a fairly short cab ride away. Cozumel is one of the best Caribbean ports - so leave the port and go see the island!

I will be on the Carribbean princess on the 26 Of april. I booked the scoot tour in the morning with my mom Who is 72 but hâve the afternoon free.

Thank You for talking the Time to answer me.

I think your ship may dock in town at the Punta Langosta pier. If that is correct, and if you are interested in shopping & walking around looking at the town of San Miquel - you will be right where the action is, and no taxi will be needed. When you walk to the end of the pier, you take an escalator up to the bridge, walk across & you are in the mall. You can take another escalator down, and walk through the stores along the main road that runs along the beach. Its a very easy walk, and you'll see lots of things. Cozumel is very safe, and you should enjoy the shopping. There are many restaurants/bars along the way also.

If you want to go to a beach, when you walk to the end of the pier, cabs will be available, and you can ask to be taken to whatever beach you think fits your wants. Chankanaab is a good beach ($24 entrance fee) if you want to snorkel. Or, you can be taken to money bar, which is free and is actually a restaurant on the beach, that has a small beach area to lay out, and a great area to snorkel. They rent snorkel equipment there. It is not a walk-in sandy beach - you have to enter water by steps. That is why it is good snorkeling - it is rocky. If you want the walk-in sandy type beach, then you need to try Paradise or Sanchos. You will find info on any of these beaches on this forum.

It will just depend on how much time you have left after your mother's excursion. Most taxi rides to the beaches will take you about 15 minutes one way, and probably cost you about $8-12 one way.

Edited by 2Okies

As stated above you will dock at Puerta Maya. There is plenty to do or see there as far as shops and places for a drink, but you will need to take a short cab ride to one of the beach resorts. Money Bar is a good place i f you are not real concerned about getting in the water other than snorkeling..You pay as you go and it is very nice..

SANY2607.jpg

adult image[/url

SANY2597.jpg

image share

SANY2599.jpg

photo hosting

SANY2614.jpg

how to take a screenshot on a pc

Thanks to the other posters who knew where this ship docked. I had just looked at a recent itinerary of this ship, and it looked like it was docking in town. But, others may know that better than I.

Hope you have fun on your cruise!!