I've wished upon my star!

dvdisney

Whop hoo! Just booked a 4 night in Sept on the Dream! This will be our first Disney cruise. It will be myself, my husband, our 3yr old daughter, and my best friend since kindergarten (she is also our little princess' Godmother. All 4 of us will be in a 7a ov/nav balcony. I realize there will be a queen bed, and a sofa/twin bed. Is the 4th bed a bunk bed? Just wondering if we should plan on sharing our bed with our daughter? How high is it, and are there safety rails? My BFF wouldn't be able to sleep in a bunk. Thanks. If anyone has a link to pics, that would be awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Congrats. Yes, 4th pax berth is a bunk. The images on the DCL site are accurate. They can add/supply more rail for bunk.

Fwiw the mattress comes off the bunk. Perhaps place it on the veranda for 3rd Adult ? ? ? :p

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/ships-activities/ships/staterooms/dream-fantasy/deluxe-oceanview-stateroom-with-navigators-verandah/

Enjoy

I do know it will sleep four, I just wasn't sure if the fourth bed was definately a bunk. I like the idea of the mattress off the bunk and on the floor. I would think we might find a spot....or my hubby will fight for the verandah bed LOL THANKS!!!

Edited by dvdisney

I do know it will sleep four, I just wasn't sure if the fourth bed was definately a bunk. I like the idea of the mattress off the bunk and on the floor. I would think we might find a spot....or my hubby will fight for the verandah bed LOL THANKS!!!

Sorry, I wasn't tying to stir up anxiety. I KNEW they wouldn't book 4 people in a cabin that only holds 3, but at the same time I knew that all cat 7s on the classic ships and some on the new ships only held 3. I didn't realize that some on the new ships handle 4.

Yes, mattress on the floor works well. Bunk weight limit is 220 pounds, and they can put "double rails" on the bunk which will extend the entire length of the bed.

No anxiety here! We're in cruise mode LOL. Even if it is 7mo away. I'm a nervous nelly with Devan up on a bunk, since her toddler bed is practically on the floor. Sometimes I'll catch her half on/half off the bed and sound asleep...oh to sleep like a baby again. My BFF is a larger woman, and I don't think my hubby would choose the bunk or share with Tammy. Heh....I don't dare mention he could sleep outside, he would jump at the chance, but I think Devan would be with him heh

Mattress on floor for Devan and friend in couch bed sounds like best deal....unless you opt for doubling your space with a cat 11 across the hall with friend and daughter booked there (no one cares who SLEEPS where.) Unfortunately, that would mean paying adult fare for 3 year old and probably not be cost effective.

I just priced this out.....September 2014

2 people in cat 7A = $1540. 4 people = $2577

2 people in cat 11 = $1364.

You could book 2 people across the hall for only $300 more than you are currently paying. That would give you double the bathooms, closets, TVs, etc. as well as privacy for you and husband. That looks pretty good.

Edited by moki'smommy

Our kids feel asleep fast, and slept hard and deep aboard.

They wore themselves out with all the action on and off the vessel.

They also have foam egg crate pads for the beds too if needed for whatever your possible application may be. Just ask, if you feel it may help.

Enjoy

Yep, I've cruised CCL 5 times & NCL once. Hated NCL, have loved CCL and the Dream was my favorite....the free upgrade to the spa balcony probably influenced that.

I did spa interior on CCL Dream and I still hated that ship. I call it the Unfriendly Ship. Our dining staff was the worst experience I have ever encountered. If you enjoyed the CCL Dream, I will really be interested to see how you like the Disney Dream.

Boy voyage!

Now that you mention it, the staff did leave a lot to be desired. I was just thrilled with the spa & T-pool. Plus it was first time cruising with our daughter. The DCL cruise will be her third & she'll

be 3yrs old. Heh

There are tons of umbrellas on the beach--no charge. Just claim a chair that is near one. Hint--if the beach looks crowded, walk a little farther down. Everyone tends to stop at the first "good" spot that they encounter. We've always been able to find "good" a little farther along (if good means hammock and umbrella).

Thanks! I'm all for walking farther down. Are the rumors true? BBQ at the beach, but steak & lobster at the adult beach?

BBQ is the style of food on Castaway Cay, regardless of location. Steak and lobster occasionally make an appearance on the beach at Serenity Bay.

OK, my experience at the adult beach is only the last 5 years. Prior to that, it was all Cookies and family beach.

The food at Serenity Bay is the same as at COokies BUT every time I've been there, they have been grilling steaks. They SOMETIMES have lobster burgers. I think it depends on whether the night before was lobster night (7 nights) and what the leftover status was. I've never seen lobster burgers if the night before was not lobster night on the ship. Don't know if this is real or coincidence.