Oasis Photo Review – All Dining and Drinks Menus - Daily Programs

MEGACRUSIER...thanks for the tip of the secret balacony on deck 11...looks to have alot of shade...much needed;) at the end of the day but you still want to stay out with a cold drink and watch the sunset before head in to clean up for dinner...

My pleasure and, as others have added, there are similar balconies aft on decks 12 and 14.

I have just come back from my Epic cruise and shaded areas, to sit out in the open air, are in very short supply. Likewise any indoor areas where you can sit and look out to the sea.

I am getting my thoughts together to do an in-depth review. Although the ship does not compare to the Oasis or the Allure, I was surprised that there were areas in which the Epic surpassed the Oasis, primarily entertainment, the buffet and truly superb studio cabins for singles. The value for money of these studios is such that NCL will be getting some of my future cruise business.

I hope to start posting the review tonight or tomorrow.

Regards

megacruiser

If I forgot to mention it before, I will say it again, I am following and enjoying every bit of your review. We sail in about 6 weeks, so your words and photos are not only helpful, they are keeping me revved-up and ready to go!!

Thank you kindly for commenting.

Regards

megacruiser

It took longer than expected but my Epic review has now been posted and can be seen on the NCL boards here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2059296

The Epic's strong points are their Studio cabins for solo cruisers, evening entertainment and certain aspects of Speciality Restaurants and the buffet. Lots of photos showing the decor is much more contemporary than some of their older class ships.

Regards

megacruiser

I came across from your Epic review and ended up reading your Oasis review from beginning to end' date=' thanks for posting[/quote']

Thanks for letting me know. Looks like the Epic review will be another marathon. Just finished Day 1 and over 5,000 words so far.

It includes a review of the worst specialty restaurant ever, but actually there were lots of other very good ones...

Regards

megacruiser

Thanks for letting me know. Looks like the Epic review will be another marathon. Just finished Day 1 and over 5,000 words so far.

It includes a review of the worst specialty restaurant ever, but actually there were lots of other very good ones...

Regards

megacruiser

I will be interested in which speciality restaurants you enjoyed, we did Le Bistro a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it. We plan on doing Teppanyaki and Modernos in August. I shall keep on following the Epic review to find out. I'd better stop typing now I forgot I was on the Oasis review and not the Epic.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Excellent Review. Wanting the days to go quicker so we can get on her and enjoy all I have seen in your review.

I may of missed as I went through, am looking for the Solarium Bistro menu

Evening, I saw you mentioned they get it all prepped for evening dining.

Appreciated if you have a current menu

Apologies if I skipped it:)

Thanks.

This is spectacular! Thank you so much! I am not going until April of next year, but it's been a while since I have been on a cruise and was told the menus changed quite a bit. Thank you for the heads up!

Excellent Review. Wanting the days to go quicker so we can get on her and enjoy all I have seen in your review.

I may of missed as I went through, am looking for the Solarium Bistro menu

Evening, I saw you mentioned they get it all prepped for evening dining.

Appreciated if you have a current menu

Apologies if I skipped it:)

Thanks.

Hello PompeySailor,

Thanks for your comment. Sorry it has taken a while to respond; I am writing my Epic review at present on the NCL boards. Please see post 620 for the Solarium Bistro menu.

Kind regards

megacruiser

WOW! Thank you SOOO much!

I am waiting to book the Oasis for July 2015 and L O V E D your pictures and your review.

I believe I want to book two Ocean View balconies on Deck 6.

Thank you so much!

You can have drinks or snacks or just relax in the open air on the Boardwalk and in my absolute favourite spot on board, Central Park. Photos and videos do not do it justice. The designers and landscape gardeners have done an amazing job and the variety and beauty of the trees and plants is stunning. There is so much to it that each time you pass through you spot different things.

Day5Oasis046_zpsf3818da1.jpg

Actually one benefit of having a cabin on Deck 8 is that each time I had to head forward to the Diamond Lounge or the Theatre or to Blaze, it was a joy to meander through the various routes. Never would I use corridors: sometimes Central Park one-way and the Royal Promenade the other.

Day5Oasis124_zpsed091c50.jpg

65bd8de8-9001-4b66-bcc4-9b7c2272b389_zps44e9bc4f.jpg

oasisday2098_zps0b29589e.jpg

DSCF4819_zps29597b44.jpg

]DSCF5050_zps5c383971.jpg

I have never walked so much on a cruise. Mind you, most of the times it is fascinating just absorbing all the detail and planning that has gone in to making any stroll so stimulating and interesting. I will mention that I felt the walk from the rear elevators to the stern cabin seemed rather long compared to other ships, so if mobility is an issue, bear that in mind. In future I shall aim to get a cabin located nearer to the elevators and ideally somewhere between them.

To anyone Is the balcony in Central Park the same price as facing the ocean. Thank you.

To anyone Is the balcony in Central Park the same price as facing the ocean. Thank you.

The price for an central park balcony vs ocean facing is usually less, especially if you book in advance. As you get closer to the date of the cruise and as room categories fill up, prices can vary, as always does the amount of difference.

Wow, I finally got through it, what a great introduction to what will be our first cruise in March 2015.

A couple of quick questions:

The mega coke machines, are they were you refill if you get the soda package? How do they control access.

In the Compass it states that shorts are not allowed in the MDR, but in at least one photo at lunch time there was a man in shorts. Is it only a dinner requirement or do people just ignore the dress code.

Thanks again for a great review, it makes March that much longer away.

Wow, I finally got through it, what a great introduction to what will be our first cruise in March 2015.

A couple of quick questions:

The mega coke machines, are they were you refill if you get the soda package? How do they control access.

In the Compass it states that shorts are not allowed in the MDR, but in at least one photo at lunch time there was a man in shorts. Is it only a dinner requirement or do people just ignore the dress code.

Thanks again for a great review, it makes March that much longer away.

Access to the soda machines is controlled by an electronic chip in the base of the special cup. The machines are all linked and you are locked out for something like 15 minutes after each use.

They usually don't care about shorts in the MDR during breakfast and lunch. There are also the normal distribution of guests who ignore the guidelines and wear shorts at dinner.

Access to the soda machines is controlled by an electronic chip in the base of the special cup. The machines are all linked and you are locked out for something like 15 minutes after each use.

They usually don't care about shorts in the MDR during breakfast and lunch. There are also the normal distribution of guests who ignore the guidelines and wear shorts at dinner.

Thank you Bob

Great review thank you.

My DW and I went on a honeymoon cruise, we love them but life and money don't allow us to do them anymore. I hope the future allows us to enjoy this amazing ship. For me the next best thing is reading wonderful reviews like yours.

Thank you so much for taking the time to put something together for people like me to enjoy and get a little bit of escape.

Look forward to finding others done by you.

Thank you so much for your truly excellent insights and photos. As one is who is going on the Oasis in a few weeks, you have no idea how helpful your review is. It is truly much appreciated. Thanks again!

Regards,

Bruce