Live report from the Navigator 2

genes007

We are currently touring the Caribbean on the Navigator of which I'll give a full report in due course. This is our first regent cruise and I would just like to express how absolutely amazing it is in every aspect and I really can't understand the unfair people that have wrote to the contrary on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hey Genes007:

We've got the same itinerary on the 22MAR14 and are all ears in anticipation of your report. Can you tell me where did the Navigator dock in San Juan?

We hope you have a great time.

Z and TB

Nice to hear this from someone on-board, and most refreshing to hear it from a new cruiser. Navigator was my first ship with Regent/Radisson in 2000 and 2001, (Alaska and Baltics) as there was just the Diamond and her, once Song of Flower left the fleet. I also loved the Diamond, prettiest dining room ever on a cruise ship, if you ask me!

Hope you continue to enjoy. At the time, I thought I'd died and gone to heaven, it was so nice, but I had only cruised once before that, on a big Carnival ship. I would book the Navigator again any day, it just doesn't go where I want to go anymore.

Can't wait to read your review when you are done!

Edited by jhp

So glad to hear you are having a good time. I too enjoy the Navigator, vibration and all. (But, jhp, I have to agree about the old Diamond dining room. I felt like a fairy tale princess the first time I walked in. Just magnificant. I even remember the dress I was wearing.)

Dude:

I just showed The Boss your pics and she would like to know the name of the place you saw the Flamenco show. Also, what model Sony camera were you using. Thanks again for sharing your trip with all of us.

Z and TB

Dude:

I just showed The Boss your pics and she would like to know the name of the place you saw the Flamenco show. Also, what model Sony camera were you using. Thanks again for sharing your trip with all of us.

Z and TB

Hi Z and TB,

We are hijacking this thread, but anyways :-) I think it was Barrachina, at 104 Fortaleza Street of San Juan... The show was intense...

The camera is Sony RX1.

Hi Z and TB,

We are hijacking this thread, but anyways :-) I think it was Barrachina, at 104 Fortaleza Street of San Juan... The show was intense...

The camera is Sony RX1.

Excellent, I know the place and thanks for the info.

Z and TB

Hi Z and TB,

The camera is Sony RX1.

:oMy apologies to all especially to Genes007 wo started this thread. Somehow, I got my threads mixed up after looking at Dude's pics. Talk about open mouth and insert foot. Won't happen again.:o

Z and TB

Edited by Zqueeze1

@Zqueeze1 We docked into the heart of the old town at San Juan. There was a big festival taking place on this day which we were not aware of and there were so many people about and it was so hot. We wanted to visit Condado but unfortunately we could not get a taxi due to the town being so busy.

We were originally booked to do the Bacardi rum tour and tour of the old town and fort but when we looked at the itinerary we decided to give it a miss and do our own tour as much time was spent travelling and at the Bacardi distillery tour and none of us drink rum so we were only interested in the old town tour. I'm glad we decided on this after speaking to somebody that did the tour they said that the tour driver dropped them back to the port after the distillery tour as there were people that did not want to tour the fort and old town.

Please let me know if you have any other specific questions that I can help you out with, will only be too happy to help.

Agree with skipping the rum factory, although we had a great time getting there. The factory (and tasting) was fairly poor. Instead of taking a boring excursion, we walked to the ferry -- took it across to within a couple of miles of the rum factory (the cost of the ferry - less than a dollar) and then took a taxi to the factory. Loved the transportation part but would not go back to the factory.

@Zqueeze1 We docked into the heart of the old town at San Juan. There was a big festival taking place on this day which we were not aware of and there were so many people about and it was so hot. We wanted to visit Condado but unfortunately we could not get a taxi due to the town being so busy.

We were originally booked to do the Bacardi rum tour and tour of the old town and fort but when we looked at the itinerary we decided to give it a miss and do our own tour as much time was spent travelling and at the Bacardi distillery tour and none of us drink rum so we were only interested in the old town tour. I'm glad we decided on this after speaking to somebody that did the tour they said that the tour driver dropped them back to the port after the distillery tour as there were people that did not want to tour the fort and old town.

Please let me know if you have any other specific questions that I can help you out with, will only be too happy to help.

Thanks for the info!!!:D:D:D. I was concerned that it would be docking farther east towards El Condado or Isla Grande Airport. But, we are good to go. We know Old San Juan like the back of our hands since we were stationed in PR for a couple of years when I was in the military and have also visited family or stopped in cruises. Now, we can hop off the ship, hit the Casa Don Q for a free sample of rum (none of that Bacardi for me!), do a little touring, and grab some chow. Perhaps some rice and beans, mofongo, and a Medalla Light Beer.

We love walking the streets of OSJ and the Paseo which leads you to the outer walls of El Morro.

Z and TB

Best place for lunch in old San Juan IMO is pizza e Birra in the el convento hotel. Very reasonable prices, huge beer selection, and wood fired thin crust pizza.

I didn't know that although I've had some great sangria in their patio. Thanks!