Bar hop question?

KitinIowa

Just curious about the opening day bar hop that some have mentioned. Do they still do that on Pride of America and if so can someone tag along who doesn't participate?

If so, can that other person partake in the other's drinks? 5 drinks in an hour seems like a lot for one person, would love to give one or two of them to my wife. She doesn't need an equal share, I'm not that giving!

It sounds like you are asking if you can pay for one set of drinks and share them between two people. I'm pretty sure the answer is no. Everyone in the group gets a sticker indicating they've paid, and then everyone grabs their own drinks off each bar. The groups tend to be large (50+ people), so logistically I just don't see a way they could let someone tag along for free without it creating confusion. I do believe that you can share one set of drinks at the martini tastings though, since it's a sit down event where you are served and it would be easy to keep track of. If I'm wrong I'm sure someone will be along in a moment to say so. :)

I do believe that you can share one set of drinks at the martini tastings though, since it's a sit down event where you are served and it would be easy to keep track of. If I'm wrong I'm sure someone will be along in a moment to say so. :)

Actually sharing drinks at tastings was previously allowed (on our 2012 repo we had a private tasting that filled the whole Star Bar on Star and there were many couples sharing) but lately it seems that they don't allow it anymore (somebody tried to arrange a tasting for our upcoming repo and NCL would not have allowed sharing and required advance payment so the idea was scrapped). I've read about the no-sharing rule from others here who were attending public tastings onboard different ships last year.

I had no problem picking up all 5 drinks and delivering one or two of them to my wife.... so you wouldn't think that having a sticker, etc. would be an issue? But good to know they are frowning upon that idea.

Was just hoping to see all the different bar venues that first day and not have to over-indulge even at a good price... ;-)

The bar hop (pub crawl) we were on in 2011 was a blast. The drinks were full-sized and STRONG! We were each given a name tag (a pretty racy made-up name) and were handed our drinks at each stop, we were not allowed to take them off the bar. There was actually a waiter ready with the drinks when we arrived at each stop. Everywhere we went the group participated in drinking games so it was not just sitting at a bar and drinking. It was lots of fun and rowdy, and I highly recommend it. :D

Edited by ncklhaus

Also, for the most part, the drinks are small and weak. The last one we did had a few small fruity drinks (about 1/3 - 1/2 a regular drink) plus an 8oz approx glass of beer with a half shot whiskey, and a full beer at the end.

Robin

Hmmm maybe it depends on the ship? I was on POA in August 2012 and the drinks were full size and strong. Husband (who can drink a lot more than me!) and I were both pretty buzzed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually sharing drinks at tastings was previously allowed (on our 2012 repo we had a private tasting that filled the whole Star Bar on Star and there were many couples sharing) but lately it seems that they don't allow it anymore (somebody tried to arrange a tasting for our upcoming repo and NCL would not have allowed sharing and required advance payment so the idea was scrapped). I've read about the no-sharing rule from others here who were attending public tastings onboard different ships last year.

Two friends of mine definitely shared a margarita tasting on the Breakaway last November.

We did bar hop on POA in June 2013. It was tons of fun, but those in our group that did not purchase it were told they could not follow with the group ( after they did to the first bar). This was a bit of a downer, but they had fun anticipating the next bar and following us outside the official group. We did the bar hop on the Dawn in 2009, and this was not an issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by 20YearsBetweenCruises