Navigator Hints, tips, etc

train460

I am a gold member, but this is my travel partners first RCL cruise. Since we are booked in the same cabin, won't she be able to go trough that line with me?

Yes, you should be able to stay in the same line.

I believe these are the specialty restaurants and the cover charges. Someone please correct me if you see any errors.

Chops- $35.00

Giovanni's Table- $15.00 lunch $20.00 dinner

Izumi- $10.00 cover charge & ala cart pricing however the cover charge will be used towards your bill.

Sabor Modern Mexican-$25.00

I hope this helps!

I believe these are the specialty restaurants and the cover charges. Someone please correct me if you see any errors.

Chops- $35.00

Izumi- $10.00 cover charge & ala cart pricing however the cover charge will be used towards your bill.

I hope this helps!

Last time we were at Izumi, the cover was $3 for lunch and $5 for dinner. Seems to have gone up at bit.

Last time we were at Izumi, the cover was $3 for lunch and $5 for dinner. Seems to have gone up at bit.

Yeah, to be honest I was a little miffed at first that they were charging the same price for lunch and dinner. I knew we were already planning for my hubby and a friend to partake one day at lunch time and it is easier to justify $3 or even $5 but $10 on top of the bill I knew my honey would rack up was hard to swallow. When my hubby came back and told me that they used the $10.00 towards the cost of the meal I was very happy though. Until others reported the same, I thought it was a special but it sounds like it may be permanent. :)

Yeah, to be honest I was a little miffed at first that they were charging the same price for lunch and dinner. I knew we were already planning for my hubby and a friend to partake one day at lunch time and it is easier to justify $3 or even $5 but $10 on top of the bill I knew my honey would rack up was hard to swallow. When my hubby came back and told me that they used the $10.00 towards the cost of the meal I was very happy though. Until others reported the same, I thought it was a special but it sounds like it may be permanent. :)

If the $10 goes towards the meal, then that will likely make it less expensive than the old way for most people - as long as the ala carte prices did not go up significantly.

Thanks for the info.

Edited by clarea

Cruiserbarbie,

Do you remember what menus were each day? Seems like another live Navigator thread going on right now has a few of the menu's jumping around from the traditional days they are usually on, and a Menu i have never heard of in the usually lineup - "Sage".

And yes i know they can change them up from week to week, but just wondering how your week went. We have dining reservations in the specialty venues for the 4th and 7th night - Not a big fan of the "****ake" and "Pomodoro" menu's.

Thank you,

Everything is interactive on the TV. I don't remember the exact menu except for lobster tail an prime rib on day 6. Seven days of menu are listed so as soon as you are on board can find out then adjust your reservations as needed. At the restaurant the menu has a little blurb about various spices.

I checked the menu before we left from one of these threads and checked off the items I really hoped to try and they were all very good.

Warning to anyone who gets Grand Suite 1552 - the bed is extremely hard and uncomfortable. I like a firm bed but this bed was horrible. The couch was more comfortable to me than the bed. We just sailed the March 9-16 cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Warning to anyone who gets Grand Suite 1552 - the bed is extremely hard and uncomfortable. I like a firm bed but this bed was horrible. The couch was more comfortable to me than the bed. We just sailed the March 9-16 cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Our beds were hard too! In fact, we'd come from wonderfully soft beds at the Moody Gardens in Galveston. When I sat down on my bed in JS 9614, I laughed at the difference. It was so hard! I noticed it that night but didn't really notice it after that.

$230 for 2, $190 for 1. Check Navigator live blog for 2/9 sailing.

Does anyone know If any of the "coupons"..(yes, I know we are going paperless now).....pertain to a discount on the internet plans for the Navigator? I know I had one last summer for the Allure...:)

Anyone ever stay in Royal Family Suite 9694? How was space? We have 6 people.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I've stayed in 9394 (mirror image next door) on Mariner which is just like Navigator. The space is great. Tons of storage in the master bedroom. In the small inside bedroom there is a vanity with a little storage and a small closet with shelves. Off the hallway is a HUGE walk-in closet. The living room area also had a lot of cabinets. We had 5 and were very comfortable.

Chops- $35.00

I hope this helps!

I see you just got off of MOS. Last year when we went on Mariner, they announced a special the first night of sailing in one or two of the specialty rests. If I remember it was half price for the first night. Did they do anything simular on your' cruise ?

Does anyone know If any of the "coupons"..(yes, I know we are going paperless now).....pertain to a discount on the internet plans for the Navigator? I know I had one last summer for the Allure...:)

There was one on the Navigator over New Years but I don't remember for how much and of course the higher C&A level you are the better the coupon. We didn't use it and the kids had there own that actually had free minutes on it if they used the computers somewhere in the kid's area.