quickie about cabanas nellies beach

My understanding the ones on the beach are behind a small wall on the beach- there was a review with pictures but without the search function- hard to find. The over water ones are off the beach- seem to be on rocks- with stairs into the water. I had originally booked the beach cabanas & canceled the same day & rebooked an over water one. The over water ones are more $ but seem more private. We're headed there in 20 days!!!

N

Sorry - pictures did not transfer right. Do a Google search for pictures of cabanas and a lot should pop up. The OTW are literally hanging over the water. some have a ladder for entry into the water while others have steps onto the beach where you can enter. the Beach cabanas are set quite a ways back from the water's edge behind a small retaining wall. They might be good for families with small children. there are also hillside cabanas. I am not sure exactly how they work for water access, but they may be more private.

Edited by Sunny AZ Girl

Sorry - pictures did not transfer right. Do a Google search for pictures of cabanas and a lot should pop up. The OTW are literally hanging over the water. some have a ladder for entry into the water while others have steps onto the beach where you can enter. the Beach cabanas are set quite a ways back from the water's edge behind a small retaining wall. They might be good for families with small children. there are also hillside cabanas. I am not sure exactly how they work for water access, but they may be more private.

We booked one in November and was given one with the ladder going into the water. Being a little "fluffy" it was very hard for me to get in and out of the water.

Now if I had gotten one of those with the steps I would have been in heaven.

The cabana was very nice and our waiter was very good, but due to the fact its usually only the two of us and with the ladder situation I don't think we would book another one. Too much money to struggle up and down a ladder....

Edited by GTO-Girl