Special status upgrades to platinum without the days?

QuentinH

So this is legit than. While I get the idea of showing someone Platinum, it is not the best way to do it. Most people see platinum benefits all this time, as others on the ship are platinum.

I think this is really a slap in the face for everyone. At least FTTF was an upsell, and people paid for the benefits. there are way too many golds and red not getting this.

Do they do the one time upgrade to diamond status too for some people?

Edited by QuentinH

So this is legit than. While I get the idea of showing someone Platinum, it is not the best way to do it. Most people see platinum benefits all this time, as others on the ship are platinum.

I think this is really a slap in the face for everyone. At least FTTF was an upsell, and people paid for the benefits. there are way too many golds and red not getting this.

Do they do the one time upgrade to diamond status too for some people?

It's a slap in the face to the people that bought it as well.

You are absolutely correct, Stu. The "brilliant" loyalty program, Faster to the Fun, and this recent promotion.

Faster to the Fun does not give you temporary Platinum status... it gives you select Platinum perks.

YEP, another brilliant move on the part of Carnival. Loyalty means nothing to them. Thats why our next three cruises are booked on other carriers. I have 26 cruises with Carnival and would have to really think hard as to whether I want to do another one. You think these inane marketing decisions are not hitting them in the pocketbook?. I have never in 15 years of cruising seen Carnival's rates so low.

I don't believe that's true. I think he is just trying ruffle some feathers.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

My take on it, also, even though PLATINUM has pretty much been reduced to nearly worthless anyway. Priority boarding and FREE laundry (which I seldom use), the only things that interest me.

Edited by glrounds

I wouldn't consider this to be a slap in the face to current platinum members. I'm not platinum yet, but I am constantly drooling over the perks. What better way to keep me motivated?

If you were going on a cruise with a non-platinum friend and could give them platinum status just for that one cruise, wouldn't you? No harm in sharing on occasion.

I am cruising with my son and daughter, and they are on a roll call where this has been going on. Maybe they are giving it because it is a repo cruise on the Dream

My nephew and his wife are the then cruise too, and I was told they couldn't buy FFTF because it was sold up. Maybe they should offer more, if they weren't;t giving free upgrades. My nephew said the man who posted it cancelled FTTF because he got this free status upgrade.

I don't know how that is cost effective.