Bringing liquor onboard Liberty

jfbbarry

Has anyone successfully brought liquor onboard the Liberty during Miami embarkation? We haven't cruised out of Miami in a couple of years and wonder if the screeners are searching and taking the liquor on your carryons?

Thanks in advance

Go buy yourselves some "Rum Runners" (Amazon has 'em or check their web site for a retailer near you.). They are completely radio-lucent and if you take time to fill them correctly they won't gurgle (IOW get all the air out of the container.) they are very flexible and will fit in odd corners and voids in your checked bag. I pack ours in shoes. Never been caught yet. Now with the new Cheers prices I'll probably just take one for late night in the cabin.

While I'm not a smuggler, the last time we put our carry ons through the scanner at PC, the guy on the machine was looking out the window as the bags went through. Could've put a bazooka through and he wouldn't have seen it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I know 3 people that have been caught using RR. They can see them on the X-ray. People think there invisible because there clear. i think It depends how busy the scanners are and how many they are catching when x-raying. If there really busy they may let some pass. They can't search all bags that look like they have booze in them, also there looking for other things packed in your luggage, there's not enough time. Its not worth to me i buy from bon voyage, bring my mix onboard, or get the package.

No, they are completely radiolucent. I have a good friend in the radiology business and my first purchase of RRs was contingent upon the results of his testing.

Most folks get caught because of either random visual searches or from failing to get all the air out of the flasks. The "gurgle" is a dead giveaway. We've used 'em on 8 cruises with embarkations from Alaska to Florida with nary a problem.

• 2 months later...