Just Booked Balcony for FOS

malacajo

We went against what we had planned, we planned on a PR but ended up booking balcony instead-E2. Any suggestions on good locations?? Another question, I keep hearing people say to not get an adjoining room unless you actually need one, which we don't-do I need to specify to not get one?

Thanks in advance!

I am of the mindset that if I am on a balcony on a cruise in the caribbean then I don't care if it's forward, aft, port or starboard. Right? :D. I just love being on a balcony, drinking my coffee early in the morning or just reading in the afternoon or enjoying a cocktail in the evening before dinner.

That being said I do try to get the port side on eastern cruises and I have never booked too far forward. Some folks like being close to the elevators because it can be a hike to the aft cabins. There may be a cabin or two that might night be the best location but I don't think any are bad.

As far as adjoining rooms, we have had a few and we have never heard the people on the other side of the door. I wouldn't worry about this either. I know there will be someone that had a bad experience with this but the majority have not.

I love the FOS. I hope you have a great time and enjoy your balcony, wherever it is!

We went against what we had planned, we planned on a PR but ended up booking balcony instead-E2. Any suggestions on good locations?? Another question, I keep hearing people say to not get an adjoining room unless you actually need one, which we don't-do I need to specify to not get one?

Thanks in advance!

What prompted you to change from the planned PR to an E2? If cost was about the same, I think any balcony would be better than a PR. Did you receive your room number? We prefer a balcony towards the rear usually on deck 10, 9, or 8. The higher number decks are obviously closer to the pool & WJ and the lower decks are closer to the Royal Promenade & MDR. We prefer a balcony towards the rear to force some extra walking between the meals (lol). We've never found an adjoining room to be an issue with noise.

We haven't had an E2, but the couch is smaller in the E balconies than in the D's. We don't sit on the couch much anyway. Some prefer not to be close to the elevators due to noise. We had D1 7214 (the first balcony on deck 7 starboard Liberty OTS) for our first balcony. Looking back, the breakwater noise was fairly noticeable and water poured down onto the balcony every morning when they washed the bridge windows (directly above). Neither of those came close to ruining our as cruise though.

For an E2 for your cruise, I'd recommend deck 7 starboard side towards the center or a hump cabin. It seems like most times the ships dock starboard and it's fun to watch pier activities from your balcony.

Hope this helps and enjoy your cruise!

AT

We were AFT 8412 and loved it but it is not an E1, but a D2, I think? The AFT walk did not bother us and if you are healthy, there should be no issues at all.

The Balconies are larger AFT but your neighbors above you can see down to your balcony some. We would walk out in our jammies in the morning and people can see down some.

We would do AFT again, but any balcony would work

We were AFT 8412 and loved it but it is not an E1, but a D2, I think? The AFT walk did not bother us and if you are healthy, there should be no issues at all.

The Balconies are larger AFT but your neighbors above you can see down to your balcony some. We would walk out in our jammies in the morning and people can see down some.

We would do AFT again, but any balcony would work

They have to be TRYING to look into your balcony.

On a side balcony, people can look around the divider into your balcony.

Neither location is truly private.