Gem Haven

AjBren2

I thought others said that the Haven sun deck was not off limits to kids?

We are frequent Gem Haven cruisers. There are no adult only areas, we have seen amazingly well behaved children in the Haven, obnoxious adults and of courses the occasional " this is my vacation I paid for I can do what I want people with and without kids " the Gem and the Haven are an amazing experience., enjoy and watch the sail away from the Haven Sun Deck, it can be windy but it is really nice.

We are frequent Gem Haven cruisers. There are no adult only areas, we have seen amazingly well behaved children in the Haven, obnoxious adults and of courses the occasional " this is my vacation I paid for I can do what I want people with and without kids " the Gem and the Haven are an amazing experience., enjoy and watch the sail away from the Haven Sun Deck, it can be windy but it is really nice.

There was an "adult only" area NOT near the Haven. It has nothing to do with the Haven - it just came up because someone was talking about "adult only" areas.

It's on one of the sundecks - up a flight of steps - and it says clearly "adults only".

If it has been changed since our last cruise, it would be very surprising since there is NOTHING up there of interest to kids. Just a few lounge chairs up there.

AJ you will love the Haven. Your children will be welcome in the entire area. Yes, the upper deck would be perfect for sail away. I sail in the 2 bedroom haven in January. Highly recommend it.

Thank you for your input...that deck was one of the main reasons we upgraded to the Haven...so looking forward to this trip!

You will have a fabulous time. I sailed in that suite last December with my Nanny, 3 & 6 year old. The kids loved the Haven. We brought blow up balls for the pool and the butler put them out every day. My kids had dinner in the courtyard most nights. The entire area is open for kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

There was an "adult only" area NOT near the Haven. It has nothing to do with the Haven - it just came up because someone was talking about "adult only" areas.

It's on one of the sundecks - up a flight of steps - and it says clearly "adults only".

If it has been changed since our last cruise, it would be very surprising since there is NOTHING up there of interest to kids. Just a few lounge chairs up there.

I should have been more specific I was only speaking of the Haven area. I assumed that was all the OP was asking about. We have done 6 trips on the Gem in the past 2 years, last one was this past January nothing has changed.

Edited by mommyto2girls