Gem Haven

AjBren2

I am booked in a 2 BR family villa in the Haven on the Gem in May. Does anybody know if any of the Haven area is off limits to children?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by AjBren2

I am booked in a 2 BR family villa in the Haven on the Gem in May. Does anybody know if any of the Haven area is off limits to children?

Children may be in the Haven area with adult supervision. (Actually, they can probably be in the Haven without supervision, but you won't make any friends, especially on this board, if you don't supervise them.) Prepare to be flamed for even asking the question. :rolleyes:

Haven is not off limits (there are a lot of large suites there after all so families like to book them) and there have been numerous repors about unsupervised and unruly children that have ruined the Haven experience for some.

Edited by Demonyte

Children may be in the Haven area with adult supervision. (Actually, they can probably be in the Haven without supervision, but you won't make any friends, especially on this board, if you don't supervise them.) Prepare to be flamed for even asking the question. :rolleyes:

The question was not to the level of supervision, but to access. I have seen questions posed on other threads about "Adult Only" areas and some have mentioned the top sun deck in the common area as being off limits to kids. I want my 2 kids to be able to go to the top deck with us at sail away and to be able to hang out as a family, something that would not be allowed in an "adults only" area. Fear not though, my kids, (supervised, as planned, or otherwise) seem to have more courtesy than most adults. For instance, I'll bet that they can answer a persons question without jumping to conclusions as to the motive of the question.

Haven access is for all staying in a haven suite, including children...a great place to relax for all. Everyone, regardless of age, should always be courteous to fellow passengers...i have seen some adults that can be much more annoying than kids just having fun😊

Haven access is for all staying in a haven suite, including children...a great place to relax for all. Everyone, regardless of age, should always be courteous to fellow passengers...i have seen some adults that can be much more annoying than kids just having fun

Thank you Kmc...my sentiments exactly!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I do not recall any "adults only" locations in the Haven on the sun deck. At least I didn't see an signs or what have you and my kids were up there quite a bit when we were on the Gem.

It was really nice up there and it was barely used. I have some great pics if you would like to see the outside.

The ONLY outside "adults only" area on the Gem (as far I know from our previous sailing) is a small (VERY small) upper deck - via access from a staircase. It is clearly marked "Adults Only", so there is no mistaking it for something else.

While it may be the uppermost point on the ship, it probably isn't the best place to watch the sailaway, as there are just a few lounge chairs up there for sunning.

The question was not to the level of supervision, but to access. I have seen questions posed on other threads about "Adult Only" areas and some have mentioned the top sun deck in the common area as being off limits to kids. I want my 2 kids to be able to go to the top deck with us at sail away and to be able to hang out as a family, something that would not be allowed in an "adults only" area. Fear not though, my kids, (supervised, as planned, or otherwise) seem to have more courtesy than most adults. For instance, I'll bet that they can answer a persons question without jumping to conclusions as to the motive of the question.

Yep :)

I think the hot tub is off limits for children but I may be mistaken

Last time I was in the haven there was a father and his 3 teenage children who thought it would be really "fun" to go in the hot tub fully dressed including sneakers.

Classless and disgusting is all I can say

The ONLY outside "adults only" area on the Gem (as far I know from our previous sailing) is a small (VERY small) upper deck - via access from a staircase. It is clearly marked "Adults Only", so there is no mistaking it for something else.

While it may be the uppermost point on the ship, it probably isn't the best place to watch the sailaway, as there are just a few lounge chairs up there for sunning.

Thanks Dina, This is out first cruise. I think my interpretation of sail away is simply being in the best possible location to see NYC from a different angle. I figured the most unobstructed views would be from the top Haven Deck. I understand that this may not be where the party is, but is there another reason why this my not be the best location for sail away?

Thanks Dina, This is out first cruise. I think my interpretation of sail away is simply being in the best possible location to see NYC from a different angle. I figured the most unobstructed views would be from the top Haven Deck. I understand that this may not be where the party is, but is there another reason why this my not be the best location for sail away?

If even a small group of people decide to go up there, it will get very crowded very quickly. It's off limits to kids, so that's probably another reason it isn't used for sailaway.

If it's just you (adults), then go ahead and try it - just give yourself some time in case you want to find a different vantage point :)

Perhaps we'll wander up there as well. We usually just lean on the railing on the very front of the ship!

If even a small group of people decide to go up there, it will get very crowded very quickly. It's off limits to kids, so that's probably another reason it isn't used for sailaway.

If it's just you (adults), then go ahead and try it - just give yourself some time in case you want to find a different vantage point :)

Perhaps we'll wander up there as well. We usually just lean on the railing on the very front of the ship!

I thought others said that the Haven sun deck was not off limits to kids?

Kids are allowed in all areas of the Haven. We are also in the 2 bedroom Haven on the Gem in May. What week are you going?

I said ours was May 10th, but rude me never asked when you are going? So when are you going Karen R?

I thought others said that the Haven sun deck was not off limits to kids?

This isn't the Haven sun deck - this is the Freestyle sun deck.

Completely different area, completely different sundeck. We were just talking about any "adults only" areas - and that's how this came up :)

This isn't the Haven sun deck - this is the Freestyle sun deck.

Completely different area, completely different sundeck. We were just talking about any "adults only" areas - and that's how this came up :)

Sorry, my confusion. No problem. My original post was about the Haven but we did go off a bit... When do you sail Dina?

Sorry, my confusion. No problem. My original post was about the Haven but we did go off a bit... When do you sail Dina?

Yep - I also got off-track a bit when the subject of adults-only areas came up. Sorry about that!

We sail on March 17th on the Gem.... Can't wait!!!!

Yep - I also got off-track a bit when the subject of adults-only areas came up. Sorry about that!

We sail on March 17th on the Gem.... Can't wait!!!!

We'll be getting off when you are getting on! Gotcha by a week!