Inflatable bed on Gem

waltero61

I have an S3 (The Haven Owner's Suite with Large Balcony) suite booked for May.

It states it sleeps 4. Maybe if you're travelling with 2 small kids. I will be travelling with my wife and 2 college age children.

The king is for me and the wife (LOL). The fold out is for one of the kids. Norwegian told me they no longer have roll-away's.

My question is this...are inflatable mattresses allowed in your cabin?

I called, and believe it or not, they did not have an answer for me. They said they would get back to me, but they haven't yet.

There's plenty of room for one, I just want to know if there are any rules against it.

Anyone with experience on this?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

If they claim that the room sleeps 4, and you book 4 in it, I'd let THEM figure out to accommodate you. I'd leave the air mattress at home. It's not your problem. Believe me, they will figure out sleeping arrangements, and I highly doubt that they don't have folding beds on board. That would be like a hotel not having any. Just dumb. I think you were given bad info.

If they claim that the room sleeps 4, and you book 4 in it, I'd let THEM figure out to accommodate you. I'd leave the air mattress at home. It's not your problem. Believe me, they will figure out sleeping arrangements, and I highly doubt that they don't have folding beds on board. That would be like a hotel not having any. Just dumb. I think you were given bad info.

Their answer would be that the pull-out sleeps 2.

They said they used to have cribs and roll-away's but now they only provide cribs.

No problem bringing an inflatable bed if you wish. We did that 2 weeks ago in the GV for one of my grandsons so 4 could sleep in one of the bedrooms. Not exactly he got the walk in closet :D The cabin steward made it up everyday.

Appreciate that info.

Should we bring our own sheets?

No problem bringing an inflatable bed if you wish. We did that 2 weeks ago in the GV for one of my grandsons so 4 could sleep in one of the bedrooms. Not exactly he got the walk in closet :D The cabin steward made it up everyday.

Yes, that walk in closet is ideal: it has a lot of potential :)

We did but the cabin steward put new ship linens on the bed.

Great.

Many thanks for your responses.

I can't believe the person I spoke with could not answer such a simple question.

And that was after she said she spoke with her supervisor.

I have an S3 (The Haven Owner's Suite with Large Balcony) suite booked for May.

It states it sleeps 4. Maybe if you're travelling with 2 small kids. I will be travelling with my wife and 2 college age children.....

The 2nd BR in the 2BR suite has a pullout couch, a pullman type pulldown and a separate bathroom. This is all separated by a door, just like the entrance to the bath and master BR has a door. Not the same in the OS.

Their answer would be that the pull-out sleeps 2.

They said they used to have cribs and roll-away's but now they only provide cribs.

They do have rollaway cots - we had one brought into the Gem GV in November. They actually have two different kinds and our steward made sure we got the "better" one. We saw both (they brought one and she had it swapped). So I think you were given bad info.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by puddles99

The 2nd BR in the 2BR suite has a pullout couch, a pullman type pulldown and a separate bathroom. This is all separated by a door, just like the entrance to the bath and master BR has a door. Not the same in the OS.

I'm aware of that.

When I originally booked, I was only expecting one kid to come. The other got an unexpected break from school so decided to tag along.

I thought a roll-away wouldn't be an issue until I called Norwegian and was told no-can-do.

My wife and I had that same room last year and wanted it again, hence, the inflatable bed question.

They do have rollaway cots - we had one brought into the Gem GV in November. They actually have two different kinds and our steward made sure we got the "better" one. We saw both (they brought one and she had it swapped). So I think you were given bad info.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I hope you're right.

At this point, I think I'll just wait until I'm contacted by Norwegian for our room preferences.

I'll discuss it with our "pre-cruise concierge" at that point in time.

Thank you very much for that info.

We have the same issue on our upcoming cruise on the Epic. DD is getting the couch and DS said he will sleep either in a sleeping bag with inflatable pad or on a sun lounger. Neither of my kids wanted to sleep in the 2nd bedroom without windows so we decided against the 2 bedroom suite. When I spoke to the pre-concierge, she suggested that I get a couple extra egg crate mattress pads for him to put under his sleeping pad. My DS has slept on a boulder while hiking in New Mexico so this will be "deluxe" accommodations for him.

We have the same issue on our upcoming cruise on the Epic. DD is getting the couch and DS said he will sleep either in a sleeping bag with inflatable pad or on a sun lounger. Neither of my kids wanted to sleep in the 2nd bedroom without windows so we decided against the 2 bedroom suite. When I spoke to the pre-concierge, she suggested that I get a couple extra egg crate mattress pads for him to put under his sleeping pad. My DS has slept on a boulder while hiking in New Mexico so this will be "deluxe" accommodations for him.

LOL.

Well...hopefully Bubbles experience will be our experience.

Maybe they just changed the policy first of the year?

I'm bringing the air mattress to be on the safe side. Then I'll speak with the on-board concierge or butler or steward as soon as I get on board to see if they can accommodate us.

• 2 weeks later...

Just received a long-awaited reply from Norwegian that reads...

"I wanted to follow up and advise that I have received a response back from the ship and port operations and it has been approved for you to bring your air mattress onboard with you for your sailing on the Norwegian Gem."

Just received a long-awaited reply from Norwegian that reads...

"I wanted to follow up and advise that I have received a response back from the ship and port operations and it has been approved for you to bring your air mattress onboard with you for your sailing on the Norwegian Gem."

Thanks so much for the follow up post. Glad it is working out for you. Just a recommendation, I would request one of the egg crate mattress pads for the air mattress. Your room steward can make up the pad and air mattress just like a "real" bed. Have a great cruise!

Thanks so much for the follow up post. Glad it is working out for you. Just a recommendation, I would request one of the egg crate mattress pads for the air mattress. Your room steward can make up the pad and air mattress just like a "real" bed. Have a great cruise!

If they indeed do not have roll-aways...I will do that. Thanks for the suggestion.