10 Wedding Anniversary Celebration

kenzie

When booking previous Princess cruises they gave option of having then celebrate your anniversary/birthday etc- you noted it on the cruise planner and the steward put banners on your door and you have a cake in dining room. Does Celebrity do this -could not see anything on the personal cruise planner

When booking previous Princess cruises they gave option of having then celebrate your anniversary/birthday etc- you noted it on the cruise planner and the steward put banners on your door and you have a cake in dining room. Does Celebrity do this -could not see anything on the personal cruise planner

We are also celebrating our anniversary also and was wondering the same thing.

Nine years ago when we celebrated our 20th anniversary on the Connie, the stewards didn't do anything to our stateroom. Our waiters did bring out a small cake at dinner the night after our actual anniversary - only because we ate in the specialty restaurant on our anniversary.

I just tried a dummy booking online and did not see anywhere to enter special occasions without giving my credit card info, but last time I booked online it had the option. My experience (probably atypical) is that they don't always follow through very well.

We just got back from a cruise where we celebrated both my birthday and our anniversary. For my birthday, I did not get balloons or banners, would not have received the birthday cake if my DD had not said something. For the record, I didn't really care if I got balloons or cake or not, but seemed odd that they'd ask if you're celebrating a birthday and then apparently ignore it. I'm not certain if they do balloons anymore, though I recall seeing birthday balloons on someone else's cabin door.

For our anniversary, they had a Honeymoon/Anniversary special event in one of the lounges (Revelations on Summit) with a musical combo for dancing, cake, a selection of free drinks, and photos available for purchase. I believe that takes the place of balloons.

Edit-- if nothing else, once on board, go to Guest Services and notify/remind them of any special events. In my case, I did that and it still didn't help, but it couldn't hurt.

Edited by PartyAllDaTyme

On the Summit, I did get a birthday cake in both the Specialty Restaurant the night before my birthday and the next night in the MDR which was my birthday. I believe my husband arranged for the one in the specialty restaurant since we were there to celebrate my birthday.

As far as door and room decorations - I believe you can buy them online. I did that for my husband's birthday cruise on RCI.

There are special occasion packages you can buy. There are various decoration packages and other celebration packages that involve rose petals on the bed, sparkling wine, etc. On our first cruise with Celebrity last summer, our TA knew we were celebrating our 20th anniversary (3 1/2 years late) and so did the person checking us in. One night at dinner in the MDR we were presented with a happy anniversary cake. On our cruise in February our TA and the seating hostess knew that my husband had just retired. A cake was delivered to our room one evening (we were not expecting it and were in the midst of brushing our teeth and getting ready for bed :p). I don't know who gave the instructions. We will be celebrating our 25th next year. Hubby thinks it would be fun to decorate our room and/or door, but we are thinking we'll probably just buy our own dollar store decorations if we are the ones who have to put them up anyway.

Acutally Princess is the only one that does the free of charge "celebrations" with sign, balloons and cake. Even though some people don't care for it, you have to admit it is a nice gesture on the part of Princess.

Sailed on both Celebrity and Royal Caribbean for birthdays and any "celebrations" you wanted had to be purchased.