different dining nights 'themes'...

Califor6

Keep reading about different 'dining theme' nights (in main dining room)....

-casual night (first night, since don't always have your luggage delivered in time)

- elegant night? what's the majority dress like? any form dress code REQUIREMENTS? gonna have 16yr girl and 18yr boy; the 18yr boy doesn't ever dress up unless required...(although would be great time for my 16yr old to be able to make use her prom dress more than once, lol)

- other 'nights'??

In January and a few weeks ago the dress was all over the place on the cruises out of Long Beach.

The 3 casual nights clean, nice clothing. Dockers, Jeans, nice shorts, sundresses. No basketball shorts or wifebeaters.

Cruise Elegant night- gals wear cocktail dresses, maxi dresses, black slacks with sparkly tops. Last cruise DH wore Dockers and a nice short sleeved shirt. The other two men in our group wore Dockers and long sleeve shirts with ties. Very few were wearing suits.

All of the guys in our group wore dark shoes all days, so also wore them for CE night. In college it was the thing to do-guys would buy black Vans for the dances.

For most nights in the MDR on Carnival, it's very casual. My DS who was 17 on our last cruise usually wears nice shorts or jeans (dark blue wash or black) and a collared golf-type shirt on Casual Nights. On "dress-up" night he doesn't wear shorts but does wear his nice blk jeans and a golf-type shirt or a short or long-sleeved shirt. The DH dresses the same way. They never wear ties...ever.

On Casual Nights, I wear nice tops with a nice pair of capri pants or a maxi skirt. For Dress-up nights I'll wear the same thing but the tops and pants are nicer and I wear nicer jewelry.

The fact is, you'll see everything in the MDR from sweatshirts, t-shirts, baseball caps, and flip flops to semi-formal wear on Casual Nights. On Dress-up Nights, you'll see everything from pants and golf-type shirts to long formal dresses and tuxedos. For the most part though, you'll see that most people are very, very casually dressed most nights in the MDR and a little more dressed up on Dress-up Nights. Sometimes I do wear a nice dress. I stopped wearing cocktail-type dresses several years ago.

It's up to you how comfortable or dressed-up you want to be on Dress-up Night. Many people do dress up so your DD wouldn't be out of place if she wore a short prom-type dress on Dress-up night. If you want to take family portraits it would be nice if everyone in your group dressed-up or down at the same level. You don't want the DD in a prom dress and the DS in nice jeans! Or maybe you do...that's the beauty of it...you can do whatever the heck you want for the most part!

Hope your family has an awesome cruise.:D