Johnny Rockets

I think by the wink on the end of his comment I think they're suggesting they might be planning on more than just the one :D

Yes, definitely more than one. :D

Question from a new cruiser: If you do have the soda package, can you stop by for a vanilla coke to go without having to pay the cover charge? Is the cover charge only if you're getting something to eat?

Sent from my Kindle Fire HD using Tapatalk

Yes, definitely more than one. :D

Question from a new cruiser: If you do have the soda package, can you stop by for a vanilla coke to go without having to pay the cover charge? Is the cover charge only if you're getting something to eat?

The cover charge is for food. Drinks are extra cost.

Edited by clarea

I don't want to be a buzz kill but in my opinion Johnny Rockets on the Freedom last week was terrible. I was so excited to eat there and was getting tired of the buffet so we tried it on the last day of our cruise. The shakes, sundaes, fries and rings are good but unfortunately the main meal itself was a bust. The burgers were covered and I mean covered, both sides of the bun with ketchup. My BBQ chicken bacon sandwich was slathered in so much BBQ sauce that the bread was mushy and falling apart. My husband can eat nearly anything but found his burger inedible as did my son. My Father in Law found the hotdog to be okay but rather boring and pretty much like the one on the buffet. Our bill was $61 for 3 adults and 3 very small children and we hardly ate. While $61 for 6 people for lunch isn't high, if you consider that we could've had a yummy meal in the dining room for $0 extra it seems expensive. The server was really nice and their dance was fun but we should've eaten in the dining room with my eldest son and my nephew. They had any amazing lunch.

A hint about milkshakes, they're free at breakfast in the dining room at least one of the days!

Correct, milkshakes not included in any of the unlimited drink packages. I believe the milkshakes were around $4.

I think they're included in the package that has frozen drinks and special coffees.

I think they're included in the package that has frozen drinks and special coffees.

No they are not. Just off Oasis last Saturday, I had replenish and hubby had ultimate, and shakes are not part of the deal.

How do these burgers compare to Guy's Burgers on Carnival? We've cruised on several ships with Johnny Rockets, but only have done it for breakfast on Oasis. We're not much for up-charge dining. But, we'll be on Allure with kids this fall, and it might be fun. HOWEVER, if the burgers are not as good as Guy's I will likely never hear the end of it from DH, who will remind me that we don't have to pay for good burgers on Carnival!!

A hint about milkshakes, they're free at breakfast in the dining room at least one of the days!

What they call a "milkshake" as part of the chocolate breakfast isn't anything like what Johnny Rockets serves, at least not when I had it. What I got was milk mixed with chocolate syrup and a glob of chocolate ice cream floating in it.

I don't want to be a buzz kill but in my opinion Johnny Rockets on the Freedom last week was terrible. I was so excited to eat there and was getting tired of the buffet so we tried it on the last day of our cruise. The shakes, sundaes, fries and rings are good but unfortunately the main meal itself was a bust. The burgers were covered and I mean covered, both sides of the bun with ketchup. My BBQ chicken bacon sandwich was slathered in so much BBQ sauce that the bread was mushy and falling apart. My husband can eat nearly anything but found his burger inedible as did my son. My Father in Law found the hotdog to be okay but rather boring and pretty much like the one on the buffet. Our bill was $61 for 3 adults and 3 very small children and we hardly ate. While $61 for 6 people for lunch isn't high, if you consider that we could've had a yummy meal in the dining room for $0 extra it seems expensive. The server was really nice and their dance was fun but we should've eaten in the dining room with my eldest son and my nephew. They had any amazing lunch.

Sorry that your JR experience wasn't the best; I happen to like them a lot, but every situation differs. I'm curious though...how did your bill come up to $61? Even with 6 people, that's a lot of money spent. Was it the cost of beverages added to the $4.95 per person?

How do these burgers compare to Guy's Burgers on Carnival? We've cruised on several ships with Johnny Rockets, but only have done it for breakfast on Oasis. We're not much for up-charge dining. But, we'll be on Allure with kids this fall, and it might be fun. HOWEVER, if the burgers are not as good as Guy's I will likely never hear the end of it from DH, who will remind me that we don't have to pay for good burgers on Carnival!!

IMO the Guys burgers were delicious with lots of toppings to choose from. The Johnny rockets ones were gross.

Sorry that your JR experience wasn't the best; I happen to like them a lot, but every situation differs. I'm curious though...how did your bill come up to $61? Even with 6 people, that's a lot of money spent. Was it the cost of beverages added to the $4.95 per person?

My father law had a beer and a few of us had milkshakes so the bill got up there.

What happened to free johnny rockets. When rccl was first on rccl it was free. You only paid for sodas or milkshakes.

The story is that teenagers were taking up all the seats, so they instituted the cover charge. The cover charge has been around at least 7 or 8 years.

IMO the Guys burgers were delicious with lots of toppings to choose from. The Johnny rockets ones were gross.

Hhhhmmm. Not sure I'll be able to convince DH to check it out. Maybe we'll stick with breakfast there a time or two. That potato stuff they serve in the morning is tasty!!