Freedom Class GS - Under Hot Tub, OR with Adjoining Cabin Door

Toddcan

Considering upgrading to a GS, but the only ones left are 1248, 1252, 1256, which are the front 3 GS, and then a few are available which adjoin with a (d2?) balcony, so would have the internal door.

I don't want the tinted glass, but if I line up the deck plans correctly, cabins 1250, 1256, 1264 are under the hot tubs (and have tinted balcony glass??).

1248 or 1252 might be an option (no tinted glass, I hope), and no adjoining cabin.

OR.. do I play it safe on the tinted glass issue and book an adjoining cabin more aft (1286 is open).

I also hear those GS under the hot tubs have all shade.. no sun at all.

I had the same choice as you but on the Liberty. I knew I did not want to be under the hottub because I was concerned it would be too shady. I opted for #1274 which adjoined a D1. I would definitely go for #1286; much more central to the elevators, and I never heard a thing from our adjoining room, in fact I forgot it was there. Great room location!

Oops! I think you are on the Liberty!

Edited by Catperson

Considering upgrading to a GS, but the only ones left are 1248, 1252, 1256, which are the front 3 GS, and then a few are available which adjoin with a (d2?) balcony, so would have the internal door.

I don't want the tinted glass, but if I line up the deck plans correctly, cabins 1250, 1256, 1264 are under the hot tubs (and have tinted balcony glass??).

1248 or 1252 might be an option (no tinted glass, I hope), and no adjoining cabin.

OR.. do I play it safe on the tinted glass issue and book an adjoining cabin more aft (1286 is open).

I also hear those GS under the hot tubs have all shade.. no sun at all.

I am a little confused with your cabin numbers, I think you mean 1260, 1264 and 1268 are the cabin numbers with the tinted glass. There is no 1250.

I wish the search was working can there is a thread with pictures. What I do know, is that we had 9258, which is a JS on deck 9. We did not have tinted glass. The tint started at 9260 and went from there.

1248 and 1252 will not have tinted glass. I don't believe 1256 will be fully tinted but that could be the cabin that is half and half, though I think it is 1260.

Hope this helps a little.

1264 will be completely under the overhang, with the tinted glass. Half of each of 1260 and 1268 will be under the overhang, and will have one glass panel tinted and one clear.

The balcony of 1264 is a little larger than a regular GS, but not by a whole lot.

I had the same choice as you but on the Liberty. I knew I did not want to be under the hottub because I was concerned it would be too shady. I opted for #1274 which adjoined a D1. I would definitely go for #1286; much more central to the elevators, and I never heard a thing from our adjoining room, in fact I forgot it was there. Great room location!

Oops! I think you are on the Liberty!

Yes, I'm on the Liberty.. in 10 days. I just said Freedom Class since they are all the same.

Actually, 1274 is open too. How close to the hot tub were you? Any privacy issues (people in the hot tub have a pretty good view of the balcony, no?)

1264 will be completely under the overhang, with the tinted glass. Half of each of 1260 and 1268 will be under the overhang, and will have one glass panel tinted and one clear.

The balcony of 1264 is a little larger than a regular GS, but not by a whole lot.

Perfect! This is the info I was looking for. Sounds like 1248 might be the way to go - right at the forward elevators, and no tint.

anyone have any thoughts on any privacy issues? I'd imagine that those standing up in the hot tub, looking out along the ship might have a pretty good view into a few of the balconies? Not that I have any plans for any specific balcony activities ;)

I am a little confused with your cabin numbers, I think you mean 1260, 1264 and 1268 are the cabin numbers with the tinted glass. There is no 1250.

OOOps. you are right. Thanks for the correction.

Perfect! This is the info I was looking for. Sounds like 1248 might be the way to go - right at the forward elevators, and no tint.

anyone have any thoughts on any privacy issues? I'd imagine that those standing up in the hot tub, looking out along the ship might have a pretty good view into a few of the balconies? Not that I have any plans for any specific balcony activities ;)

We definitely saw people looking down from the hot tubs on a number of occasions. Was not constantly but a few peepers for sure.

We definitely saw people looking down from the hot tubs on a number of occasions. Was not constantly but a few peepers for sure.

I never consider any balcony private and never need it to be. As long as those in the hot tub remember – it they can see me – I can probably see them too – especially at night. (my balcony is dark at night - but the hot tub areas is well light. ) Folks who use the hot tubs at night are oblivious to those who can readily see up there.

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

I never consider any balcony private and never need it to be. As long as those in the hot tub remember – it they can see me – I can probably see them too – especially at night. (my balcony is dark at night - but the hot tub areas is well light. ) Folks who use the hot tubs at night are oblivious to those who can readily see up there.

M

The people in the cantilevered hot tubs can not be seen from the balconies below unless the people are standing up in the hot tub at the windows.