Sapphire Princess D740 Aft, Caribe BB, or MiniSuite Emerald

CamelliaCity

We have Sapphire D740 aft booked for Sydney to SanFran-29 days.

We are wondering if we'd be happier on Caribe deck BB/large balcony/no sofa

or a mini suite on Emerald deck/covered balcony

or stay with Dolphin 740 aft.

As of right now all three types of cabins are available. We'd be interested in hearing thoughts from some of you that have cruised Sapphire/Diamond/Grand/Star.

We are the type couple that will spend tons of time on the balcony.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts/advice with us.

The rear facing balcony category BB, cabin D740 is great. I had a rear facing balcony when I went to Mexico on the Diamond Princess, except we were up on the Aloha deck. It was beautiful. But if you can get into one of those Mini Suites in the aft of the Emerald deck, that would be the way to go, especially on a 29 day sailing. You get the big balcony and you get the sofa sitting area inside the cabin with a couch and a second tv. It might be a little bit more, but with the extra space, you will be glad you spent the money.

Have a great time on your sailing.

P.S. ~ Your sailing is actually on the beautiful Diamond Princess, coming back to the US from Australia/New Zealand, not the Sapphire Princess (which is going to be doing the Mexican Rivera r/t from LA).

There's probably no more Aft Balconies left on the Sapphire Princess even now. In a few months there probably will be no more mini-suites on the Emerald Deck. In 6 months there probably will be some balconies left on the Carribean Deck. The balcony you have right now is probably larger than any of the other balconies that you were interested in. Your choice is really do you want to pay out an extra $300 per person for a sofa and a bathtub and in exchange you will get a smaller balcony and miss seeing all those sunsets from your old, larger balcony. Unless one or both parties are of an extra large size, keep D740. I got A749 on that voyage so I could watch the sun set into the ocean from my balcony. :D

My bad, I was thinking for 2006, but you're going on the 2007 voyage. And the dimensions of the balcony on D740 are 8'11" x 9'10" and for a mini suite on the Emerald deck, the balcony dimensions are 8'11" x 8'11" and the cabin itself is about 77' sq larger on the mini suite. Either way, have a great time!

We just got off the Sapphire yesterday (7/24) and between the 8 of us, we had Dolphin 738, 739, 740, and 741.

D738 and D739 are the Vista Suites. Huge balconies and rooms. The other two rooms are an ok size. No couch, twin beds (we didn't have them put together cause the kids sleep better separately). The balcony is an ok size. On the balcony there was one lounge chairs, 2 regular chairs and a table (there may have been a second lounge chair, but my daughter isn't sure). The view from the back cabins are amazing!! I don't think I would want to stay in any other kind of cabin, if I could avoid it.

If you need anymore info on these rooms, just let me know....*smiles*

Evie:)

Don't have any pictures of the rooms themselves (although we have one from the dock that shows the rooms from shore). Tons of pictures of everything else though. We just didn't take pictures on the ship itself. Don't know why.

If you or your friend have any specific questions about the room and service and such, just let me know...*smiling*

Evie:)

• 3 weeks later...

We are booked in the cabin below on E 732 and E735 and my parents are worried about any smells from the ship? Exhuast and stuff like that. Did anyone notice that? How about movement. Was it ok? I think the back balcony cabins are going to be great as this will be the first time doing this, but my parents are a little nervous about it. We were booked in C212 near the front and I think for the same price, this is a much better way to go because we will see so much more and the baloncy is even bigger.

let me know your opinions.

Stefani

Archived