port locations

3carfan

Can anyone help with locations of the ports that queen Victoria would dock at in Copenhagen, Helsinki and Stockholm. We are going on May 9, and trying to plan getting into city core from the dock. Most cities have two or even three different locations. Does anyone have tips on which bus or trans line can be boarded near the dock. Thanks

The following is from my Baltic notes when we visited there in 2011

Copenhagen, Langalinie Pier. 8.00am – all aboard 4.30pm. No free shuttle bus today

Helsinki, West Harbour Cruise Quay, – 8.30am – all aboard 5.30pm. Port Authority shuttle bus was 5 Euros/£5/$6 for one way

Stockholm, Stadsgarden Pier, 8.00am – all aboard 4.00pm

It might be an idea to double check on the port websites.

Copenhagen Langeline Terminal is a 20-25 minute walk along the water front to Nyhavn in centre of city

Stockholm depends on berth if the one near to city centre easy walk

Helsinki shuttle required

Can anyone help with locations of the ports that queen Victoria would dock at in Copenhagen, Helsinki and Stockholm. We are going on May 9, and trying to plan getting into city core from the dock. Most cities have two or even three different locations. Does anyone have tips on which bus or trans line can be boarded near the dock. Thanks

http://www.whatsinport.com/

This web-site might be useful for you.

We did a Baltic trip on QV last July. It was a wonderful cruise.

In Copenhagen we were an easy walk along the river to the centre (even for me!!), passing the little mermaids and an amazing fountain on the way in.

In Sweden there was a shuttle bus but we were right next to a stop for the hop on hop off water buses. Be sure to be on deck for the journey away from Stockholm it is just amazing going through the thousands (literally) of islands in the archipelago.

Helsinki was a shuttle too. Into the centre. We had to queue quite a while to get back here.

All three are lovely, interesting places but Stockholm was my favourite. Have a wonderful cruise.

Sarah

I believe we will dock at Freeport in Copenhagen. There is a shuttle bus provided by City Sightseeing (the hop on hop off bus people) to take you to a nearby stop to take the sightseeing bus. There are 3 routes that intersect at Tivoli and I highly recommend doing the full monty. If docked at Langeline tge dock is right next to a HOHO bus stop.

I can't speak for the other ports as I haven't been there.

Eddie

I believe we will dock at Freeport in Copenhagen. There is a shuttle bus provided by City Sightseeing (the hop on hop off bus people) to take you to a nearby stop to take the sightseeing bus. There are 3 routes that intersect at Tivoli and I highly recommend doing the full monty. If docked at Langeline tge dock is right next to a HOHO bus stop.

I can't speak for the other ports as I haven't been there.

Eddie

Are you sure?

Arrival Time Departure Time Quay name Quay Arrival purpose Status

20 May - 14 0900 20 May - 14 1800 LANGELINIEKAJ C190 Cruise call

According to this website - (for the QV)

http://www.cmport.com/ships-in-port/cruise-ships