Taking alcohol on board

capnpugwash

Sorry to ask this but the search function is disabled so I just want to know whether or not I am allowed to take some vodka on board and if not how strictly is the ban enforced. Thanks.

I think I found the answer on the South African site to be that I can't, but is it enforced in Cape Town?

Edited by capnpugwash

Sorry to ask this but the search function is disabled so I just want to know whether or not I am allowed to take some vodka on board and if not how strictly is the ban enforced. Thanks.

I think I found the answer on the South African site to be that I can't, but is it enforced in Cape Town?

Can't take anything on board. Not even wine as other lines allow. Look into the vouchers for drinks.

Not even wine as other lines allow.

Specifically ... THREE ... cruiselines allow passengers to carry on small amounts of their own booze.

Disney

Azmara

P&O Cruiselines

All other cruiselines have basically the same policy. No booze. You buy what they sell.

Specifically ... THREE ... cruiselines allow passengers to carry on small amounts of their own booze.

Disney

Azmara

P&O Cruiselines

All other cruiselines have basically the same policy. No booze. You buy what they sell.

Cruise Line Policy & Extra Fees:

Azamara Club Cruises

Policy – Spirits, beer, and wine are allowed for private consumption in suites or cabins (with a limit of two bottles per cabin), as well as in any shipboard restaurant, bar, or dining venue.

Extra fees – Consuming alcohol in any shipboard restaurant, bar, or dining venue is subject to a corkage fee of $10 per bottle.

Carnival Cruise Line

Policy – One bottle of wine or champagne per person is allowed on embarkation. No beer or spirits may be taken onboard for consumption. Alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports of call will be held by the ship and delivered to the guest’s cabin on the last day of the sailing.

Extra fees – A $10 corkage fee per bottle applies for consumption in the main dining room; $14 at the steakhouse.

Celebrity Cruises

Policy – Two bottles of wine per cabin are allowed on embarkation. No beer or spirits may be taken onboard for consumption. Alcoholic beverages purchased in ports of call or onboard shops will be held by the ship and delivered to the guest’s cabin on the last day of the sailing.

Extra fees – Wine is subject to a $25 corkage fee per bottle when consumed in public areas.

Costa Cruises

Policy – No alcohol may be taken aboard at embarkation, and alcohol purchased in port or at the ship’s duty-free shop will be held and returned at the end of the cruise.

Extra fees – N/A

Cunard Line

Policy – One bottle of wine or champagne per person is allowed during embarkation. No beer or spirits may be taken onboard for consumption. When purchased at ports of call, however, there is no restriction on wine, spirits, or beer being carried aboard.

Extra fees – A corkage fee of $20 per bottle applies when consumed in restaurants onboard.

Disney Cruise Line

Policy – Alcohol is permitted onboard but must be hand-carried on in a bag no larger than 22″ wide, 14″ high, and 9″ deep. Outside alcohol cannot be consumed in any lounge or public area except for wine and champagne at Palo and Remy.

Extra fees – A corkage fee of $20 per bottle applies at Palo and Remy.

Holland America Line

Policy – Each guest 21 years and older may bring one bottle of wine or champagne (no larger than 750ml) onboard in carry-on luggage at the beginning of the voyage. Beer or spirits purchased on the ship or otherwise taken on the ship cannot be consumed onboard; bottles will be held for the duration of the cruise and delivered to the guest’s cabin on the last day of the sailing.

Extra fees – A corkage fee of $18 applies at onboard restaurants and bars.

MSC Cruises

Policy – No alcohol may be taken aboard at embarkation, and alcohol purchased in port or at the ship’s duty-free shop will be held and returned at the end of the cruise.

Extra fees – N/A

Norwegian Cruise Line

Policy – Wine and champagne are allowed onboard. No beer or spirits may be taken onboard for consumption.

Extra fees – Corkage fees of $15 for 750 mL, $20 for 1,000 mL, and $30 for 1,500 mL bottles apply when consumed in any restaurant, public area, or stateroom.

Oceania Cruises

Policy – Guests may not take beer and spirits onboard at embarkation. Guests are allowed to take up to three bottles (per cabin) of wine or champagne onboard.

Extra fees – A corkage fee of $25 per bottle applies for consuming wine in public areas.

Princess Cruises

Policy – Passengers are permitted one bottle of wine or champagne per person at embarkation; additional bottles will incur a $15 corkage fee, regardless of where you drink them. Alcoholic beverages purchased onboard or at ports of call will be held during the cruise and delivered to the cabin on the last day. No beer or spirits may be taken onboard for consumption.

Extra fees – A $15 corkage fee per bottle applies for consuming in the dining room or restaurants.

Regent Seven Seas Cruises

Policy – Guests are allowed to take spirits, wine, and champagne onboard, though most alcohol is included in the price of the cruise.

Extra fees – N/A

Royal Caribbean International

Policy – Two bottles (750ml each or smaller) of wine or champagne per cabin are allowed. No beer or spirits may be taken onboard for consumption.

Extra fees – A $25 corkage fee per bottle is applied when consumed in public.

Seabourn

Policy – Guests are allowed to take spirits, wine, and champagne onboard, though most alcohol is included in the price of the cruise.

Extra fees – N/A

Silversea

Extra fees – N/A