Short Day

mit01

We'll be in Bermuda in July for a single day, a Saturday, from 8:00-4:00. We're thinking of Horseshoe Bay, since I've been reading that that is the best beach to go to. I'm wondering what it's like to get a bus to the beach. Is there much of a wait, or do the buses run fairly frequently? Or given the time constraints, would it be better to take a cab?

Or would a different beach be better? My wife wants to to to a beach with pink sand.

Thanks for your help.

Steve

You're at the Royal Naval Dockyard (Kings Wharf ) so go to Horseshoe Bay. It's the classic Bermuda pink sand beach and the one that's closest to your ship. Scheduled #7 buses run about every 30 minutes and take about 40 minutes but they also have direct express buses to the beach that don't appear on the schedule and will get you there faster.

A taxi will get you there more quickly. From Dockyard there are often group ride taxis available that will take you to Horseshoe Bay for about $7 per person...more expensive than the bus, but cheaper than taking a taxi on your own.

The most important thing is to make sure you give yourself plenty of time to get back to the ship on time (generally you have to be on board about 30 minutes before sailing...they will tell you exactly when the deadline is). Buses can get crowded because of the number of people trying to get to the same place at the same time.

Edited by njhorseman