Unbelivable cheap rates on MSC Divina for solos

cruiseelady

Hey, just wanted to let everyone know about the MSC Divina cruise. I was searching cruises to go to for September and found this one. For solos its $358, if two people in the room its $258. How insanely cheap is that? So with taxes and fees inside cabin for a solo came out $482 for a seven day cruise out of Miami to the Caribbean and Bahamas for September 20th sailing.

I have never cruises with MSC but willing to give it a try. I have gone with Carnival, Royal Caribbean, Norwegian, and Princess. But for solos I have only gone with Carnival, they seem to be the cheapest.

Edited by cruiseelady

I did a solo on MSC Poesia about a year or so ago. It is an Italian line and is quite

different from the US lines. Go with an open mind and be ready to participate in

activities! I loved it! Might need to go book Divinia! They offer both Italian and American

Meals. MUST try the gelato bar!! Loved it... and they offer a variety of flavors!

I booked the Divina a few weeks ago. Going to do a b2b for 14 days in October.

Solo price was only $385.05 for the 1st cruise and $372.44 for the 2nd.

Guar. inside cabin

I also got in on that deal last month.

I would suggest solo cruiser either subscribe to or check the "solo cruise deals" thread often.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=851324

Its a great way to keep up with deals and share what you found with others

I was on the Divina in January. I understand that it's been very "Americanized" compared to their other ships.

I rated the ship's strengths as being European-language-friendly and gay-friendly, otherwise nothing special. For a ship that size, activities were lacking, interaction with cruise staff was minimal. There was a singles meeting advertised in the program but nobody from the staff showed up, and it didn't improve from there. For an Italian ship, music and dancing were pretty listless; there was a large group on board which took over various venues, and I understand that happens on most sailings.

I'd suspect there might be a reason prices are being cut so drastically, so early.

I was on the Divina in January. I understand that it's been very "Americanized" compared to their other ships.

I rated the ship's strengths as being European-language-friendly and gay-friendly, otherwise nothing special. For a ship that size, activities were lacking, interaction with cruise staff was minimal. There was a singles meeting advertised in the program but nobody from the staff showed up, and it didn't improve from there. For an Italian ship, music and dancing were pretty listless; there was a large group on board which took over various venues, and I understand that happens on most sailings.

I'd suspect there might be a reason prices are being cut so drastically, so early.

I (as well as several other friends) managed to snag one of the sub $400 solo inside cabins during the President's Day sale. We don't expect the same attention to detail that might be the norm on Celebrity or Princess- we're not paying the corresponding amount to warrant such. What we do expect is to have a good time on a beautiful ship. ;)

Keeping an open mind is the key to having a great holiday. All of us plan on purchasing the Alligrissmo Premium alcohol package- that alone will make up for any minor deficiencies in service or food. :D

Tony