Elation Review-marshhawk and friends

marshhawk

DH and I had a porthole cabin on the Empress deck-closer to "everything". We had E9, this cabin is small. Well, smaller than the other portholes we have had on lower levels. And it seems that on the older ships there is a type of trunk built into the floor where your life jackets are, and it makes it impossible to really take the two twins and make it into a "king" .

IMG_2845_zps45ac8f43.jpg

IMG_2847_zpsdc089359.jpg

My daughter and I will be in Cabin E9 also on our June 23 cruise. This will be my 3rd or 4th time with a porthole. Was Empress deck more convenient for you? Never stayed on it before.

My daughter and I will be in Cabin E9 also on our June 23 cruise. This will be my 3rd or 4th time with a porthole. Was Empress deck more convenient for you? Never stayed on it before.

Since it's you and your daughter, keep the beds seperate, and yes we loved the location on the ship. Up front, quiet, no foot traffic, near the laundry, and one floor up to dinner.

Edited by marshhawk

• 3 months later...

We are going on the Elation in August and I just saw your review. Thank you so much! We switched our original ressie from a bigger ship to sail this one primarily because it was the only one out of NOLA on the date we could all go as a family. My tween dd really wants to see the ruins so your review and information on that is particularly helpful. Thanks for writing this!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 5 weeks later...
We loved New Orleans, the food, the area, the life, but after two tiring days of eating and walking we went to bed. We were on our Elation cruise starting in the morning.

Since Theresa and Harley, Catmando and I had FTTF, we got a cab from the Staybridge at 10 and in 15 minutes we were at the ship. Everyone in the port was very friendly, telling us how our luggage was going to be at our cabins when we got on the ship, and how our cabin was going to be ready, because we had FTTF. But even though we were processed through at 10:30, and we were told to wait, we didn't get on the ship until 11:45, and our luggage was not at our cabin, nor were our cabins ready. We told our steward we would lock our stuff in the safe, and we headed up to the Lido. I have no idea what was happening, as it seemed everyone boarded at the same time and the FTTF really didn't pay off on this trip.

In fact Shari and Barb got on right behind us, and they didn't have FTTF. We all had lunch inside because it was cold, and after we ate, we all went our seperate ways until dinner.

We all had anytime dining, Shari and Barb wanted to meet new people on the cruise, and the rest of us didn't want to be tied to eating when told to, but when we were hungry. We did share meals on the first night, and the last night.

As far as waiting for a table for two, the girls were seated with other people immediately every night. The four of us never had to wait for a table. Party of six however required putting tables together, so the first night we waited about 20 minutes, and the last night we waited thirty. Service was good, not great, but the last night our waiter took off after taking our dessert order, and the dinner took forever. Since we all had plans that evening, Barb left before dessert arrived.

curious if the dining room for anytime was imagination or inspiration?