Getaway kid friendly?

yankeegrl

I hope this doesn't seem like a ridiculous question. We have some friends we met on a cruise a few years ago that we have become our cruise buddies. They want us to cruise with them in June on the Getaway. We have mainly cruised Disney and RCL and my 9 y/o son has been spoiled with constant things to do between the Dream, Fantasy, Oasis and Allure. The Getaway seems to be more adult oriented, sophisticated-perhaps not as kid friendly as some other lines. Obviously I've seen the activities available but will he be thoroughly entertained for 7 days? I would appreciate all insight.

Edited by yankeegrl

A lot of that depends on your son and his ability to entertain himself vs. his reliance solely on others to entertain him. Here is info on the Getaway kids club including the list of club activities. Hopefully there will be something there that sounds good. My son is excited about the outing to Blackbeard's Castle.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=41598149

This is not meant in a snarky in any way, but have you looked at what the ship has to offer?

Water slides, rock climbing wall,ropes course with zipline, mini-golf, great kids clubs....there really is just a lot that's geared toward kids.

My kids have been on many NCL cruises and have always had a fantastic time! Now, it isn't Disney, so the offerings are not as widespread, but it will surely be an excellent offering for a family.

Don't forget the Nick breakfasts, Nick shows, kids club, teen club, mini golf, magic show, bowling, water park, arcade, etc.

A cruise ship is a endless mall and amusement park for kids. The Getaway has the fastest slides of any cruise ship!

....The Getaway seems to be more adult oriented, sophisticated-perhaps not as kid friendly as some other lines.....

This is not meant in a snarky in any way, but have you looked at what the ship has to offer?

Water slides, rock climbing wall,ropes course with zipline, mini-golf, great kids clubs....there really is just a lot that's geared toward kids.

That was my thinking as well, Quincella. I've heard people avoid this ship because they believe it is too geared towards kids! I've not heard anyone suggest the opposite.