POM/MIA hotel ideas May 1 night

sunlovingirl

I really miss the search button!

My DH and I will be flying in on May 7 to spend one day in Miami prior to our May 8 departure on Carnival Victory. I'm not really interested in doing a whole lot other than getting some "carry on" items at the liquor store/grocery store, and then maybe hanging by the pool/ having a few drinks before dinner. We won't be partying all night long, that isn't our style.

that all being said, our wish list would be:

Shuttles (to airport a/o port)

Pool (swim up bar a perk!)

grocery/liquor store walking distance

lunch and dinner within walking distance

free breakfast

I have looked at Best Western on the Bay and Hampton Inn Brickell as two possible options. I don't want to spend a million dollars for one night. I'm 30 and my DH is 26.

Any thoughts??

We stayed at Holiday Inn Port of Miami It was very comfortable. A CVS is one block away to get liquor and supplies. We enjoyed their restaurant for breakfast buffet. We went to Bayside Market Mall for supper and drinks the night before we set sail. They had a band and people were dancing and enjoying themselves. It was only $12 cab fair to the cruise ship. Easy!

You could stay at one of the hotels in the Blue Lagoon area near MIA (Homewood Suites, Hampton Inn, etc.) and save a few $$. There is a local strip mall with dining options as well as grocery, drug and liquor :D stores just a few minutes walk away (across the street from the Hampton Inn). All offer free MIA airport shuttles and can arrange for a shuttle to POM the next day for about $10-12 per person or you can cab it on the meter for about $26+tip. We've stayed at the Homewood a couple of times and it is very nice with a small pool and hot tub - but no swim-up bar. :(

None of the downtown hotels offers an airport shuttle, so figure on a $25+ cab ride from MIA. Check out the Doubletree (amazing pool :D), Marriott, Intercontinental, Hyatt, and Hampton Inn Mary Brickell. There are drug and grocery stores scattered around downtown Miami for your cruise supplies as well as many local and chain dining options. A taxi to POM the next day will run about $10-12+tip. Good luck! :)

Just a tip, if wifi matters to you, keep an eye on if it is included. Most of the hotels we looked at charged for wifi. I believe in was the Holiday Inn that advertised "free wifi" but it was only available in the lobby, the in room wifi was extra. (Crazy, right?)

Next cruise: Carnival Breeze June 2014