Questions about Golden Princess

DroopySails

First time on Princess---a few questions for those of you who've sailed on the Golden Princess:

--How is the storage in the inside cabins? We're looking at a 12-day and don't want to spring for a balcony since we're in ports every day but one...but sometimes the storage in insides isn't very substantial.

--How are the specialty restaurants? Is tea served on port afternoons, or all afternoons?

--I understand these grand-class ships have movie nights on deck--how often do these take place? We're not drinkers or gamblers (a cruise line's revenue nightmare--but we do spend $ at the restaurants and we tip well) and I love the idea of catching a flick topside at night.

--Is there much deck space? I'm pretty sure the constant blaring of the big screen is going to bug us; are there quiet places on deck where we can get away from that?

--How would you rate Princess' entertainment compared to other lines?

And, for those who've sailed this or similar Princess ships on European routes, how is the passenger mix by nationality? We really enjoy being with a multinational crowd rather than with all Americans--can we count on a good mix on a Mediterranean itinerary?

Many thanks for your help!

I can only comment on the inside stateroom storage question. My best friend and I did a 7 day in March on the Golden and used an inside cabin. It appeared to be the same size as the outside obstructed view cabins but it felt smaller to us if that makes sense.

After doing an inside cabin, I prefer to pay the minuscule difference and go with the outside obstructed.

We sail on the Golden in just a couple of weeks, to my knowledge, the Golden Princess does NOT have Movies Under the Stars!:confused:

We just got off the Golden on Thursday and I can confirm that she does not have MUTS yet. We didn't notice any preparations to install a large screen either.

There was afternoon tea on the Western Capitals ittinerary every day. The passenger mix was probably about 40% Americans, 30% UK and the rest from all over the place.

Frederick

--How is the storage in the inside cabins? We're looking at a 12-day and don't want to spring for a balcony since we're in ports every day but one...but sometimes the storage in insides isn't very substantial. I have not had any problems with storage space, and I bring loads of stuff. There is a large wall closet, another "closet" with shelves & the safe, the night stands have 2 drawers, and there are shelves next to the desk. Not to mention the bathroom space.

--How are the specialty restaurants? Is tea served on port afternoons, or all afternoons? Enjoyed the specialty restaurants very much. Afternoon tea time can vary, but, usually daily.

--I understand these grand-class ships have movie nights on deck--how often do these take place? We're not drinkers or gamblers (a cruise line's revenue nightmare--but we do spend $ at the restaurants and we tip well) and I love the idea of catching a flick topside at night. No MUTS on the Golden as yet.

--Is there much deck space? I'm pretty sure the constant blaring of the big screen is going to bug us; are there quiet places on deck where we can get away from that? Loads of space.

--How would you rate Princess' entertainment compared to other lines? I enjoy the shows. Some of the comedians are excellent. Also enjoy the bands.

And, for those who've sailed this or similar Princess ships on European routes, how is the passenger mix by nationality? We really enjoy being with a multinational crowd rather than with all Americans--can we count on a good mix on a Mediterranean itinerary? Yes

Anytime, good luck

Here is a link for some pictues too:

http://community.webshots.com/user/sunprincess8

Thank you, everyone, for your wonderful help!

Bummer about the lack of MUTS, but does this ship show movies inside during the evenings? I can't tell from the various ship descriptions.

Thanks again!

There were movies in the Princess Theater daily. Some were during the day (sea days). Most nights, there was a midnight movie. They were recent releases, though they were showed on the regular TV systems the next day.

Frederick

--How is the storage in the inside cabins? We're looking at a 12-day and don't want to spring for a balcony since we're in ports every day but one...but sometimes the storage in insides isn't very substantial. I have not had any problems with storage space, and I bring loads of stuff. There is a large wall closet, another "closet" with shelves & the safe, the night stands have 2 drawers, and there are shelves next to the desk. Not to mention the bathroom space.

--How are the specialty restaurants? Is tea served on port afternoons, or all afternoons? Enjoyed the specialty restaurants very much. Afternoon tea time can vary, but, usually daily.

--I understand these grand-class ships have movie nights on deck--how often do these take place? We're not drinkers or gamblers (a cruise line's revenue nightmare--but we do spend $ at the restaurants and we tip well) and I love the idea of catching a flick topside at night. No MUTS on the Golden as yet.

--Is there much deck space? I'm pretty sure the constant blaring of the big screen is going to bug us; are there quiet places on deck where we can get away from that? Loads of space.

--How would you rate Princess' entertainment compared to other lines? I enjoy the shows. Some of the comedians are excellent. Also enjoy the bands.

And, for those who've sailed this or similar Princess ships on European routes, how is the passenger mix by nationality? We really enjoy being with a multinational crowd rather than with all Americans--can we count on a good mix on a Mediterranean itinerary? Yes

Anytime, good luck

Here is a link for some pictues too:

http://community.webshots.com/user/sunprincess8

Thank you so much for sharing your pictures. We will be on the Golden in late October (same ports). Can you recommend any excursions?

Archived