Website really is poor

Been trying to book a cruise for November and keep getting "Sorry, the information you requested is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later." Had issues with C&A account last week. Before that, issues with accessing current reservation that magically fixed itself after a couple days. You would think that an operation as large as RCI's would have a more robust website. I despise being on hold and at the mercy of "customer service" so functional websites appeal to me. The sad part for RCI is that it is tempting to try another line with a more reliable website.

Sorry, had to vent. :mad:

I feel your frustration. I had a cruise paid for and magically the price increased by $600 and I owed a balance. After a week it still had not gone back so I called. They have no idea what happened but after the phone call it went back to what it should be. I have not had a problem on the phone but I do like the convenience of online interaction. The website has been "quirky" forever, I do not think it will ever improve. Oh, I have learned to never try to do anything on a weekend.

Kopper36,

I think you are being too kind in your assessment of the RCI website. I recently booked a cruise on the website for the first time - usually use a travel agent. I experienced the same issues that you described, and more. I found prices of the cruise changing from moment to moment. One moment it reflected the latest promo, the next it didn't, then it did again. Also, when I finally got the price I wanted, I tried to hold it, and lost track of the number of times it threw me out trying hold it with errors right and left. I love my RCI cruises, but my 11 year old daughter with no web development experience could have developed a more functional, error free website than this. It is horrible.

So I was able to finally book a cruise (miracle of miracles!) and have since been able to set up my time dining for our trip, and added our Crown & Anchor numbers. Surprise, surprise, after making just a few changes, RCI's website repriced our trip, and it is now $1300 more expensive!! I'm waiting on hold now with RCI trying to straighten this out. I've been on the phone with them for an hour and a half, and still not fixed!! Someone shoot me now!

I feel your guys' pain. Created an account on CCL website a little bit ago and was surprised that I was able to bring up our only cruise with them from 2000 without a problem. Got instant credit for that cruise and website seems bulletproof so far. Have to admit that it is tempting to defect for a cruise or two. Surfing their choices now.

Edited by kopper36

My C&A info disappeared months ago. Took several phone calls to straighten it out (wrong gender, address citizenship and so on). Well, I logged in today and it's all screwed up again. I give up. I know how many points I have...so I'll just manually track it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Be nice, they forget which website they are working on.

During the day it is Royal's, that night it is Obama care.

But hey! at least you can search on both of those sites !!!!!

I miss the search button on this site.

But that is OK, now everyone has an excuse,

to ask if they have to dress up on formal nights.

Or when did they cut out smoking on the balcony !

I could not search for an answer !

:eek: