Embarkation Help

djaycruiser

Since this is my first cruise using a wheelchair, I have a question about embarkation. I have arranged for assistance during embarkation and disembarkation and will be using my own wheelchair with a scooter waiting for me in my cabin. Does the personnel just take you onto the ship and then leave you or do they take you to your cabin? Iam sailing on Norwegian Breakaway.:) Thank you in advance for your comments

Since most cruise lines typically don't allowed passengers access to their cabins until around 1:00PM, those provided with wheelchair assistance by the cruise line are left off either in the buffet or public seating area. You're generally never wheeled directly to our cabin. Nor is the wheelchair left with you as it's required for other passengers still waiting to board the ship.

Since most cruise lines typically don't allowed passengers access to their cabins until around 1:00PM, those provided with wheelchair assistance by the cruise line are left off either in the buffet or public seating area. You're generally never wheeled directly to our cabin. Nor is the wheelchair left with you as it's required for other passengers still waiting to board the ship.

Thank you for your help.

Since this is my first cruise using a wheelchair, I have a question about embarkation. I have arranged for assistance during embarkation and disembarkation and will be using my own wheelchair with a scooter waiting for me in my cabin. Does the personnel just take you onto the ship and then leave you or do they take you to your cabin? Iam sailing on Norwegian Breakaway.:) Thank you in advance for your comments

Since you're using your own wheelchair, there is no problem. Mind you if it was on Princess, no one would be allowed to board until the cabins were ready, and you'd then be taken directly to your cabin. :D

Cato :)

Since you're using your own wheelchair' date=' there is no problem. Mind you if it was on Princess, no one would be allowed to board until the cabins were ready, and you'd then be taken directly to your cabin. :D

Cato :)[/quote']

Another reason we like Princess.

• 2 weeks later...

I cruise NCL and use my own wheelchair and rent a scooter. I have NEVER had a problem with asking the "Pusher" to take me to our cabin just so I can pick up the scooter. I mention that I will not leave anything else in the cabin, as the doors are left open while the rooms are prepared. We board as early as we can as well. I also give the tip at the start, not at the end.

I cruise NCL and use my own wheelchair and rent a scooter. I have NEVER had a problem with asking the "Pusher" to take me to our cabin just so I can pick up the scooter. I mention that I will not leave anything else in the cabin, as the doors are left open while the rooms are prepared. We board as early as we can as well. I also give the tip at the start, not at the end.

Thank you. :)