Carnival Dream: Camp Carnival????

iublondie25

Hi! We are headed on the April 5th Dream Repositioning cruise. This is our third family cruise but first time as a family on Carnival even though my husband and I sailed with Carnival before we were married. Anywho, since we have sailed on Disney Fantasy and RC Allure of the Seas I have different pros and cons with the kids clubs.

I have five kids from 2, 4, 7, 9 and 15. If you have had recent experience with the Camp Carnival on the dream can you let me know? I am interested in the 2yo program....but would love to hear all the reviews!

Thanks in advance,

Marcie

:)

We are on the July 27th sailing and travelling with a 9 yr old and he's excited about it, but it has been so difficult to find info on it. More so lately with the search engine being down. Any info would be much appreciated!

We are sailing Dream with our 9 year old on Saturday! I'll come back and report when we return. I've searched and searched for the Fun Times for Camp Carnival and there just don't seem to be any recent ones so I plan to bring ours back and scan. If possible I will try to get the other age groups too.

We are sailing Dream with our 9 year old on Saturday! I'll come back and report when we return. I've searched and searched for the Fun Times for Camp Carnival and there just don't seem to be any recent ones so I plan to bring ours back and scan. If possible I will try to get the other age groups too.

Thank you!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Marcie and Jay

Five kiddos ages 2-15

Grand Rapids,

Michigan

Carnival fascination 2001

Disney fantasy 2011

RCCL Allure of the Seas 2013

Not recent & not the dream, but my 2 & 2 days old son LOVED Camp Carnival. We waited to cruise until he was old enough for the camp. His next cruise will be his 7th (HAL, RCCL, & Carnival) & he has loved all of the Camps.

Thank you!!!

Marcie and Jay

Five kiddos ages 2-15

Grand Rapids,

Michigan

Disney fantasy 2011

How are they on changing diapers and such? Are they good with separation anxiety? My 2yo Holland is in daycare and everyday is fine. But a weird location with an unfamiliar staff may make her cry at drop off.

Marcie and Jay

Five kiddos ages 2-15

Grand Rapids,

Michigan

Disney fantasy 2011

Hi Marcie! We are on the last Dream cruise from PC right before yours :) I will have a 3 and 5 year old in Camp. I can't speak to the Dream specifically yet but my girls have attended Camp on the Triumph and most recent last year on the Sensation. They loved it and my then 2 year old did just fine. I took some diapers and wipes with her the first day and left them there. They returned what wasn't used to me on the last day. They also give you a cell phone so they can reach you if there are any problems. I really can't say enough good things about Camp for the young age group!

We were not on the dream, but sailed the pride 3 weeks ago. My kids ages 3, 4, 6 &8 all loved camp carnival. The staff was amazing. My 3 yr old has never been to school yet bc he misses the school cutoff and he was begging to go each day. The staff was amazing they knew all the kids by name by day 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We just sailed the Dream in February 2014. Camp is amazing!!! Counselors were amazing!!!! My kids spent about 75 percent of their time in camp and about 25 percent with us. They would have just stayed in camp if we had let them. My boys were 5 and 8. Both classrooms were huge and they had tons to do. Water slides were fantastic! When I picked up my youngest, I'd often see counselors holding and playing with the 2 year olds. You will get a phone for on the ship and they will call you if there is an issue. They will do their best though to keep kids constantly busy. Mine were never bored.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

We just came back from our 2nd sailing on the Dream ( January). We have 8 kids from 7-21yo. The 7,9,11,13 spent a lot of time at Camp and had an incredible time. We meshed well with all of the leaders and our kids particularly liked Miss Jazzy and Miss Jenna. " Mr Awesome" was great too.

We did not use the 2-5 area, but I was pleased with what I did observe. My 11yo did not love going to camp until the later afternoon and evening when more kids her age arrived and there were planned activities rather than " free time". I posted in a another thread yesterday with some of the specific activities they did in the 9-11yo group.

Our 16 and 18yo along with some teen friends who we were sailing with tried the teen club but weren't thrilled with it unless actual activities were going on. My 18yo informed me after the trip that the leader lady had a really bad sailor mouth when working with the kids. Maybe she thought that would make her popular and well loved by the teens, but not with the 4 that we brought. They avoided the area after the first night, with a couple of exceptions for group activities that they enjoyed. They also did a lot of the "everyone" activities on the ship.

We were on the dream in January win our 2 year old and 5 year old. They lived kids club.

I posted a review in my signature and have the schedule for the kids club. Only the younger group though.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We are on the same cruise with you and have a 14 year old. We hope he has fun and meets lots of friends.

Mason has loved meeting his friends on the ships. He still talks to a bunch of kids from both the Disney and RCCL trips! I am sure they will have a blast and we may never see them...

• 2 weeks later...

Just home from the Dream tonight :(.

I brought home the fun times for the three Camp Carnival age groups - will scan them in over the next week.

My 9 year old didn't want to go to Camp as much this cruise as in the past. There never seemed to be that many kids til later in the week - and there were 900 kids on our sailing.

The last two days he seemed to enjoy it more.

I personally didn't get the warm and fuzzies from the counselors this year. They always seemed to be annoyed.

My son said this was the best week ever though so he was happy.

Just home from the Dream tonight :(.

I brought home the fun times for the three Camp Carnival age groups - will scan them in over the next week.

My 9 year old didn't want to go to Camp as much this cruise as in the past. There never seemed to be that many kids til later in the week - and there were 900 kids on our sailing.

The last two days he seemed to enjoy it more.

I personally didn't get the warm and fuzzies from the counselors this year. They always seemed to be annoyed.

My son said this was the best week ever though so he was happy.

Thanks. Welcome home!!!

Marcie and Jay

Five kiddos ages 2-15

Grand Rapids,

Michigan

Disney fantasy 2011

We had older kids (two nine year olds one with special needs and a 15 year old) in CC on the Dream last Fall. They all had a great time. The staff was very good with our youngest son-- engaged him and got him to try activities he'd have never done on his own and he had a great time doing new things.

Hope you have a great trip.

We had older kids (two nine year olds one with special needs and a 15 year old) in CC on the Dream last Fall. They all had a great time. The staff was very good with our youngest son-- engaged him and got him to try activities he'd have never done on his own and he had a great time doing new things.

Hope you have a great trip.

We also have a )mild) special needs. Would you care to share the specifics? You can private message me also? Thanks.

Marcie and Jay

Five kiddos ages 2-15

Grand Rapids,

Michigan

Disney fantasy 2011

I have all the fun times scanned in but I can seem to attach the files to the boards. If you'd like to receive them just message your email address to me along with which age group you'd like and I can email them to you. I have 2-5, 6-8 and 9-11.

I have all the fun times scanned in but I can seem to attach the files to the boards. If you'd like to receive them just message your email address to me along with which age group you'd like and I can email them to you. I have 2-5, 6-8 and 9-11.

I would love them all because I have kids in each age group!

marcie at spacetoys dot com!