Take out???

You can take your food to go as others have said, you could even get it back to your cabin and it will still be hot enough to be edible.....I just don't get why???

I completely get that eating on your private balcony is great, but for me that is what room service is for :)

Part of the appeal to me at Johnny Rockets is the atmosphere in the restaurant, the cheesy servers, having a ketchup smiley to dip my fries in and best of all....the juke boxes! Happily paid $4.95 for the whole package :)

I know you can get food to go from Johnny Rockets...but have not been on a ship yet with the other two...No charge for Food from JR...only drinks or milkshakes...and since it would be to go, there should not be a cover charge either...

To be fair on Allure breakfast is free with no cover charge. Anyway to the op's question I never took lunch back to the balcony as I would rather the unlimited onion rings. However did it a lot of mornings for breakfast. The skillets they have work really well to stay warm for the walk back to the balcony and its much better than room service for me anyway. I would think the lunch food would stay warm enough to get back to the room. Not much different than going to a drive thru and then taking it home.

You can take your food to go as others have said, you could even get it back to your cabin and it will still be hot enough to be edible.....I just don't get why???

I completely get that eating on your private balcony is great, but for me that is what room service is for :)

Part of the appeal to me at Johnny Rockets is the atmosphere in the restaurant, the cheesy servers, having a ketchup smiley to dip my fries in and best of all....the juke boxes! Happily paid $4.95 for the whole package :)

Yes but you have to wear clothes there. ;)

Johnny Rockets used to be free. Then they instituted the $4.95 cover charge because they said the teenagers on board were monopolizing the place and other patrons couldn't get in. Since they do charge the fee for take-out as well as eat-in, this doesn't quite make sense.

Now if you and your spouse go in to eat, you will pay the $4.95 cover charge each.

BUT if you are taking the food back to your room (and if you have an average appetite), you can do it for one cover charge. How? Your cover charge gets you ONE sandwich. Make it a triple burger (same cost as a grilled cheese or single burger) and split it. This is better for my diabetic husband -- more meat, less bread. The fries are more than enough for two people.

I agree with those who say an able bodied person can reach his own balcony with hot food.

Also, Johnny Rockets has the best beer prices on the ship. Their selection is limited, but their beer is a few ounces larger and their price about fifty cents cheaper. It's enough difference that my husband will bypass the pool bar and go up one level to Johnny Rockets. His one complaint: he finds it odd to drink beer from a paper cup.

Johnny Rockets serves apple pie and apple sundaes as dessert. You can walk in and get one of these to go (no meal) with no cover charge.

One last thing: they do not take on-land coupons in place of the cover charge.

As I stated, we were already out after a late night. We kinda didn't want to sit in the restaurant, didn't want to wait for room service...we wanted burgers to take back to the room to eat on the balcony. It worked fine for us. :cool:

My hubby and I enjoyed JR on our last Oasis cruise. We ate there for breakfast most mornings, as the service was way quicker and not nearly as crowded as the MDR or Windjammer. We also enjoyed a couple of late night meals in the restaurant as well. I had no idea that you can order your food to go to take back to you cabin. I will keep that in mind on our next Oasis cruise coming up.

Johnny Rockets used to be free.

Johnny Rockets serves apple pie and apple sundaes as dessert. You can walk in and get one of these to go (no meal) with no cover charge.

I knew about the deserts, but did not know you could do this.

Thanks for the info.

Maybe we will finally try JR's out one way or another.

Sea Ya