Carnival Legend Tampa embarkation

carnival03

Cruising on the Legend in April out of tampa, flying in to Tampa at 8AM. We have been out of Port of Baltimore before and the porters have been there right when we pulled in to park, a few question we also have FFTF if that helps.

1. Is getting a cab at TPA to Port of Tampa easy?

2. Where does the taxi drop you off? Are the porters right there? Is where to go and what to do pretty obvious or is the terminal confusing?

3. How is embarking from Tampa.

Any info on the Legend, tampa, embarkation, and debarkation would help.

Also does Legend offer luggage express.

Cruising on the Legend in April out of tampa, flying in to Tampa at 8AM. We have been out of Port of Baltimore before and the porters have been there right when we pulled in to park, a few question we also have FFTF if that helps.

1. Is getting a cab at TPA to Port of Tampa easy? YES- just follow signs to the taxis and there will be a guy at the curb waiting to dispatch one for you. The flat fee is $25 (we cruised 2/16/14 on the Legend out of Tampa).

2. Where does the taxi drop you off? Are the porters right there? Is where to go and what to do pretty obvious or is the terminal confusing? They will drop you off basically at the door of the terminal and the porters will come running.

3. How is embarking from Tampa. Ours was VERY delayed b/c they were waiting for customs to clear the ship. My gripe was that they wouldn't TELL us how delayed it was going to be/the reason WHY it was delayed. I know the Legend also frequently docks late b/c of fog, therefore also delaying debarkation.. Our flight was at 2:05 and we made it by the skin of our teeth.. Our taxi was driving 65 in 35mph zones :rolleyes:

2. Where does the taxi drop you off? Are the porters right there? Is where to go and what to do pretty obvious or is the terminal confusing?

You will a variety of opinions - mine included :-)

Cabs are readily available and get you to the port in around 20 - 30 minutes, depending on traffic. There are also port shuttles, so that may be an alternative.

The terminal is one of the easiest IMO - the cabs drop you off right up front and your getting on the ship is very straight forward - last time, we got through in 20 minutes.

We love Tampa - we are a bit biased as getting there and on the ship for us is less than an hour LOL but honestly, it is a great little port to travel through

Hope that info helps a bit - enjoy your cruise!

1. Yes, absolutely. Right outside of baggage claim.

2. Port of Tampa is super easy. The taxi will drop you off right by the porters and the entrance is just a few feet away. There is also a small office there that sells discount tickets , stores luggage and has a shuttle to the airport. For two of us, it was cheaper to take that shuttle to the airport than a taxi after the cruise.

3. It is very easy. You'll show your boarding pass and passport at the door, go up an escalator and go through security. Then you'll go right to the check in desk, get your s&s card and sit down to wait. It's been incredibly smooth every time.

4. If you have a late enough flight going home, go to Precinct Pizza and get the garlic knots. Yum!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know if that movie theater around the corner is still open?

Last time we cruised out of Tampa, we had a late flight and killed some time with pizza and a movie.

Looks like we'll have a late flight this time as well.

Does anyone know if that movie theater around the corner is still open?

Last time we cruised out of Tampa, we had a late flight and killed some time with pizza and a movie.

Looks like we'll have a late flight this time as well.

No, but the bowling alley is.

If you have FTTF remind the porters and make sure they put the orange tag on your luggage.

If you get there very early, they may have the cab drive to the side where the porter will help you, not under the overhang where the entrance is.

Very, very easy!

I'll be waving goodbye to Legend when you're embarking!

The Port of Tampa is super easy. There is a roundabout where you are dropped off right in front of the building. Right beyond the building is the ship (yes, that's the Legend-see Green Thunder?). I was there to take a picture of the Legend when it came out of dry dock, not the port, but you can somewhat see the cars at the bottom of the pic are going around the round about and that yellow and white archway leads to the Port. The Florida Aquarium is to the left of the picture and is nice to go through if you have time. I definitely second Precinct Pizza. We've eaten there after concerts before and their pizza is AWESOME. Channelside has a few specialty restaurants, a few shops and "Splitsville" the bowling alley/eatery. I was sad to see the movie theater go. It was a great theater. There is a trolley that will take you down to Ybor City and back where there are even more restaurants and things to do including a movie theater and an arcade style restaurant/bar.

We are sailing in 9 days on the Legend. We live 20-25 minutes from the port, so unfortunately I don't have any information on taxi cost, but do know the airport is probably only a 15 minute drive to the port. If anyone has any questions about things to do in the area, I don't mind answering them.

2006993761_photo(10).jpg.4ba06c702ba9619acbb7724d7fc989a0.jpg

There is a trolley that will take you down to Ybor City and back where there are even more restaurants and things to do including a movie theater and an arcade style restaurant/bar.

Where do you catch the trolley? How much is it? How long does it take to get to Ybor City?

Thanks for any info!!

Where do you catch the trolley? How much is it? How long does it take to get to Ybor City?

Thanks for any info!!

You can catch it toward the end of Channelside away from the port. It's a very short ride to Channelside, but I don't think it starts until noon on Sunday?

You can catch it toward the end of Channelside away from the port. It's a very short ride to Channelside, but I don't think it starts until noon on Sunday?Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you!

If you land in Tpa @ 8am, TGI Fridays is open for a sitdown breakfast. They have an area to put your bags out of the way. You could enjoy a breakfast then grab a taxi and get to the port around 10:45. If you get there too early you will have to contend with passengers debarking and it can be a mess.

TGI Fridays is over on Landside. Here is a link to the TPA restaurants and hours. http://www.tampaairport.com/shops/

Have fun. :)

If you land in Tpa @ 8am, TGI Fridays is open for a sitdown breakfast. They have an area to put your bags out of the way. You could enjoy a breakfast then grab a taxi and get to the port around 10:45. If you get there too early you will have to contend with passengers debarking and it can be a mess.

TGI Fridays is over on Landside. Here is a link to the TPA restaurants and hours. http://www.tampaairport.com/shops/

Have fun. :)

Thank you very much :)