Coral Princess-Saving Lounge Chairs by the Pool

Cabob1

I don't know how others feel about this but I do wish Princess did something about people "saving seats" at the pools. We were up at the pool in the early morning and just about all the seats were "reserved" with a beach bag, bottle of water, or towel. I was on Holland America's Eurodam where there were signs all around the pools saying it was not allowed. I hope Princess does something to put this into a more controllable situation.

I don't know how others feel about this but I do wish Princess did something about people "saving seats" at the pools. We were up at the pool in the early morning and just about all the seats were "reserved" with a beach bag, bottle of water, or towel. I was on Holland America's Eurodam where there were signs all around the pools saying it was not allowed. I hope Princess does something to put this into a more controllable situation.

This has been an issue for a long time.

Princess very rarely removes items after a period of time.

But thats it. Don't count on them to run interferance.

They don't want the confrontation. So I don't see it changing.

It is crazy and will never change. Princess has lots of "policies" but rarely enforce them. I get that. They are in business of having to avoid confrontations with paying customers.

I have witnessed people putting towels on loungers then dissapearing for hours. I consider it rude for someone to expect a lounger to sit for hours while they go take a nap, eat lunch, shop, whatever. Then come back only to use that lounger for a fraction of the day. They should know there are people that would actually use that space...for several hours. Here is what I do. I will pick a location, often not ideal but what I can get when I go to the decks. I watch unoccupied loungers that have just towels on them but no personal items (water bottles, books, sunscreen, etc). If I notice they do not come back in two hours I remove their towels and take the lounger. Yes I do have people come at me over that but I quickly take care of that. That is how I handle it and I'm comfortable doing that. And please, no opinions on whether you agree with how I handle it. Its my opinion and just how I do things.