What has changed since 2009?

uncletr21

I'm sailing the Dream, so the bigger ship and aquaduck and such will be new for me. Any other things I should keep in mind for changes either b/c DCL has changed or just "this is neat and wasn't on Magic/Wonder"?

I've stumbled upon reserving port arrival times now and no more rolling softsided coolers for carryons drinks and no over the door hangers. Anything else I might not know about?

I'm on the 3 night so no Palo Brunch and I want to hit the new dining rooms so don't think I'll make it to specialty restaurant. I see Golden Mickey's will be a repeat but it's been awhile so will enjoy seeing it again. Villians gets so-so reviews but I'm sure I'll want to see it. Is the Believe show new? It sounds like something I've seen but thought I saw a reference to it only being on the newer ships. Was it ever on Magic?

Are the drink tastings pretty easy to book right beforehand or should they be booked ASAP?

Can you buy a one day pass to the rainforest? I only see Nassau as a possible day to make it there much. Do you get the the rainforest for the day if you have a massage?

Can a party of 3 dine by themselves if they want or is it a hassle for them to accomidate?

Any other tips for a not exactly newbie but someone that hasn't sailed for 5 years or kept up with the talk on the boards. :-)

I'm sailing the Dream, so the bigger ship and aquaduck and such will be new for me. Any other things I should keep in mind for changes either b/c DCL has changed or just "this is neat and wasn't on Magic/Wonder"?

Aquaduck is very good, go early go late and enjoy, its open pirate night a good time to go just after fireworks.

I've stumbled upon reserving port arrival times now and no more rolling softsided coolers for carryons drinks and no over the door hangers. Anything else I might not know about?

Correct, do book all your Palo and Remy at your opening window.

I'm on the 3 night so no Palo Brunch and I want to hit the new dining rooms so don't think I'll make it to specialty restaurant. I see Golden Mickey's will be a repeat but it's been awhile so will enjoy seeing it again. Villians gets so-so reviews but I'm sure I'll want to see it.

All good, they do not change them often as there are high costs.I found villains good, do not worry about other reviewers.

Is the Believe show new?

Fantasy only It sounds like something I've seen but thought I saw a reference to it only being on the newer ships. Was it ever on Magic?

Are the drink tastings pretty easy to book right beforehand or should they be booked ASAP?

Book onboard at guest services.

Can you buy a one day pass to the rainforest?

YesI only see Nassau as a possible day to make it there much. Do you get the the rainforest for the day if you have a massage?

Can a party of 3 dine by themselves if they want or is it a hassle for them to accomidate?

You can put in a request, it should be agreed but it is a request,

Any other tips for a not exactly newbie but someone that hasn't sailed for 5 years or kept up with the talk on the boards. :-)

• Port Arrival times.
  • Two new ships Fantasy and Dream.
  • More ports more schdules.
  • Aquaduck and Aqudunk.
  • Demise of Palo Afternoon tea,
  • New shows on Fantasy, Aladdin.
  • Internet packages changed.
  • Prices gone up x 10.

Remy is very good try dinner there.

Edited by DISNEY FANTASY

• Port Arrival times.
  • Two new ships Fantasy and Dream.
  • More ports more schdules.
  • Aquaduck and Aqudunk.
  • Demise of Palo Afternoon tea,
  • New shows on Fantasy, Aladdin.
  • Internet packages changed.
  • Prices gone up x 10.

Remy is very good try dinner there.

Thanks for the info! I was surprised about prices, thought maybe with more capacity and having been out a few years, they wouldn't be so high. I've read some references to food going downhill some. That's a little disappointing. I'm remembering DCL to be the best of the cruiselines in food and service, or at least mass market cruise lines.

Food has been going steadily downhill. Sorry. We majorly complained on our first leg of B2B, and saw significant improvement in second leg (different server).

Prices steadily increasing.

Shows on Dream--Golden Mickeys, Dreams, and ?

Of course all the Dream features will be new to you.

Rebooking on board--different rules (only good for 15 months, onboard credit max is $200 down from $350)

DCL insurance--used to have 100% of any amount not paid by insurance company would be applied to a future cruise. Now only 75% and must be used within a year of the denial. Also, DCL has changed to a different insurance company.

No, you no longer get free or discounted rainforest with a "hands on" service UNLESS the description of your service specifically says "rainforest" (some do).

Believe show is new, Fantasy only.

Relaxation of "suggested attire." It now says only not tank tops or swimwear in MDRs. (no shorts, no jeans has been removed)

Edited by moki'smommy

Food has been going steadily downhill. Sorry. We majorly complained on our first leg of B2B' date=' and saw significant improvement in second leg (different server).

Prices steadily increasing.

Shows on Dream--Golden Mickeys, Dreams, and ? ***

Of course all the Dream features will be new to you.

Rebooking on board--different rules (only good for 15 months, onboard credit max is $200 down from $350)

DCL insurance--used to have 100% of any amount not paid by insurance company would be applied to a future cruise. Now only 75% and must be used within a year of the denial. Also, DCL has changed to a different insurance company.

No, you no longer get free or discounted rainforest with a "hands on" service UNLESS the description of your service specifically says "rainforest" (some do).

Believe show is new, Fantasy only.

Relaxation of "suggested attire." It now says only not tank tops or swimwear in MDRs. (no shorts, no jeans has been removed)

*** Villains Tonight

Thanks! So the "Dreams" show is on the Dream. Is that a new show designed for the big ship or might I have seen that too on the Magic in 2009 and before?

I remember a show about a girl in her bedroom and a heavy Peter Pan influence........ but it's fuzzy, been years, but I was hoping with the 5 year absence and going on a bigger ship, two of the 3 shows would be new so I'm hoping it's not Dreams that I'm remembering.

Thanks! So the "Dreams" show is on the Dream. Is that a new show designed for the big ship or might I have seen that too on the Magic in 2009 and before?

I remember a show about a girl in her bedroom and a heavy Peter Pan influence........ but it's fuzzy, been years, but I was hoping with the 5 year absence and going on a bigger ship, two of the 3 shows would be new so I'm hoping it's not Dreams that I'm remembering.

Actually on the Dream is Golden Mickeys, Villains Tonight and Believe.

Golden Mickey's is also on the Wonder.

Villains Tonight is on the Magic.

And Believe is on the Fantasy.

Yes Disney's Dreams is the one with Anne Marie being guided through her dreams by Peter Pan.